Bridgeport Fire going digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Was talking to someone from Fairfield County last night and was told Bridgeport Fire is going digital in the very near future, same frequency, just digital instead of anolog. This is the 2nd person to tell me this in less than a week. Both people are definately people in the "know" from things that have occurred in the past - so ,I'm banking this is the case. My question is, if you are going to het a new system because of present issues, why keep the same channels? Why not just jump to UHF or something. Good thing is that at least nobody had to get killed from their present POS system, so that's one good thing.

Joe

lensam

Haven't heard that yet !!!

I work for the City of Bridgeport and I haven't heard anything like that yet but I will ask around. They're always cryin' the blues when it comes to dividing the $$$ but have no problem spendin' it. So this doesn't suprise me. If they had gone to a repeater system when the P.D. did they wouldn't have had problems. So it's no wonder like you said that no one has gotten hurt on the job. If I find any thing out I will repost. This is my first by the way.

Lenny

Status
Not open for further replies.