bridgeport fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
anyone have information on bridgeport fire depts new frequency 154.8225 i looked on scan mass under connecticut, is this a new repeater frequency? is it digital?

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
???????

New Frequency? As in the 153.770,153,830,153,890 no longer exist? or new as in in addition to?

Manny

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
in addition to. i also looked last night on the f.c.c data base, it showed a license being granted in june 08
it also showed 155.97750. i know there building a new communication center. wonder if its a new
repeater and digital. one of my friends, a chief still on the job, told me there getting new frequencys but he didnt know what they where.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Change is in the wind!

Well;
They're going to HAVE to put in repeaters now! That was always the problem. Nobody ever did anything because of the cost involved. This time they are using federal money so thats why they are doing it. I hope it works out for them!

Manny

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
manny, your right on the money. years ago i remember voice boxes, you could never get over the boston ave hill. and thats only one place, i could remember trying to call the dispatcher and they
wouldnt answer. but they will be transmitting on some of these new freq on only 50 watts.

george (w1wml)

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
George;
50 Watts is fine if you have enough towers or repeaters and good antenna height ect...Like I said before, they are not paying for this, the feds are so Im sure it will be done right. If they dont get it right, with someone else footing the bill, then shame on them. Scott Appleby, the EMERG. MGMT. Director for the city is on the case. You have to see that new comm. center. It's going to be awesome. Our club is going to have a Ham area inside right next to the communications room. Im excited about the Ham gear going in, let alone the other stuff.

Manny

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
manny, whats your qth? now they want the police to dispatch the fire dept. and get rid of the fire
dept supervisor in the dispatch center. manny, what would be the distance to hear them if only 50 watts? i know some of their channels are licensed for 90 watts. with that repeater, will i hear them 60 miles away? years ago i would listen to fdny , and they came in great from n.y to bpt. hoping for some sun spots, it seems its getting worse by the day.

Cskib32087

At least we will be able to listen to the new FD system. Ill miss PD, i don't listen allot but its a good listen sometimes, so sad to see it go.

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
still dont know much about it. scan mass says apco 25 but who knows if its digital or not. maybe
just installing repeaters .

Cskib32087

Fire will be Mixed mode, they can operate in digital or analog, main dispatch repeater will be digital, fireground repeater will be able to do both so we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.