Bridgeton PD down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmith00

Feed Provider
If that happens that will leave Salem Co the only one not on a 700/800 MHz TRS.in SNJ and will join Delaware Co Pa as odd Co's with no TRS in the Delaware Valley.
Remember Salem's system was originally a trunked system. Not sure reason they went back to conventional.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Most of the ids on the Del Riv 1 tg are loaner/cache radio ids. Which would lead me to believe that they are testing or using on that talkgroup until they purchase tg and radios, or go back to vhf.

Septa3371CSX1

Remember Salem's system was originally a trunked system. Not sure reason they went back to conventional.

Salem County went to conventional repeaters because their trunked system was failing and becoming obsolete as they were unable to replace parts. So they decided to go to conventional repeaters for the time being until they can get a new trunked system.

I'm thinking Cape May County will use the NJICS as a backbone since they already use it for a few things.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
I don't understand why the 3 county's don't get together and buy one system and share it. It's been done in other parts of the US.
O that's right it's in New Jersey and can't have anything like that here!

csmith00

Feed Provider
I don't understand why the 3 county's don't get together and buy one system and share it. It's been done in other parts of the US.
It would be nice to regionalize. Cape and Atlantic county might make more sense. Both have fractured dispatching centers and they might align better geographically.

Cumberland and Salem have centralized Fire/EMS(exclude Vineland EMS). I think all Salem county law enforcement agencies except Penn's Grove Pd is county dispatched. NJSP is PD for all but 3 municipalities in Cumberland.

Think it would be easier for Salem and Cumberland govt to agree on building something together since there are fewer systems run by their own kingdoms.

How many counties farther north built together? They have larger population but are geographically small. Hudson county is less than 50 square miles. That's smaller than my township.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Septa3371CSX1

On the NJICS system, which Frequencies would I use in order to listen to Bridgeton?

They would be on the Berlin Simulcast. On your Phase 2 scanner or Phase 2 capable commercial radio (Motorola, Harris, etc) you would program the primary and alternate control channel frequencies (in red and blue respectively on the RR Database page) and program the talkgroups they have been reported to be using.

They would be on the Berlin Simulcast. On your Phase 2 scanner or Phase 2 capable commercial radio (Motorola, Harris, etc) you would program the primary and alternate control channel frequencies (in red and blue respectively on the RR Database page) and program the talkgroups they have been reported to be using.

I have programmed that site in to my Pro-106 and I get nothing so I guess it is a Phase 2 TDMA system,
Where do I get a radio that will pick up Phase 2 TDMA ? Cheap cheap! I'm a disabled Veteran and this was my hobby to listen to local police, now I can't do that...

Septa3371CSX1

I have programmed that site in to my Pro-106 and I get nothing so I guess it is a Phase 2 TDMA system,
Where do I get a radio that will pick up Phase 2 TDMA ? Cheap cheap! I'm a disabled Veteran and this was my hobby to listen to local police, now I can't do that...

If you just want something that supports Phase 2 TDMA look on the classifieds here and on eBay for a used PSR-800, Pro-668, WS-1080, WS-1088, WS-1095, WS-1098, BCD-325P2, BCD-996P2, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, or Home Patrol 2. Used models of these would likely range from $200-$500+. New models of these plus the TRX-1 and TRX-2 will run $400-$700. So yeah it isn't cheap.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber

I can pick them up with my BCD396T and 996T so they are not P2 TDMA.

Bridgeton PD and the Cumberland county Sheriff Dept. on the NJICS 700 system. Isn't Bridgeton who we are talking about? and the Sheriff Dept moved most of there operations over at the same time Bridgeton did.

Yes, would I still pick them up if I live in Buena?
I did a system Analysis I am receiving
system; 39A R001 S004
Which I believe is the Berlin simulcast out of Camden county.
For Bridgeton I have talkgroup as 4191 with the Sherrif as 4189.
Copied from radio reference;;;;

System Name: New Jersey Interoperability Communications System (NJICS)
County: 3 counties
System Type: Project 25 Phase II
System Voice: APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive
Last Updated: August 22, 2016, 6:40 pm (Changed Site # 035 (Delaware Water Gap Bridge) to 035 (Delaware Water Gap Bridge))

(1) 004 (4) Berlin Simulcast Camden, NJ 769.69375c 769.91875 770.16875a 773.56875a 774.31875a

Is this right or wrong???? Contact me here or iMessage me at dirtdiver1964@me.com

Yes, would I still pick them up if I live in Buena?
I did a system Analysis I am receiving
system; 39A R001 S004
Which I believe is the Berlin simulcast out of Camden county.
For Bridgeton I have talkgroup as 4191 with the Sherrif as 4189.
Copied from radio reference;;;;

System Name: New Jersey Interoperability Communications System (NJICS)
County: 3 counties
System Type: Project 25 Phase II
System Voice: APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive
Last Updated: August 22, 2016, 6:40 pm (Changed Site # 035 (Delaware Water Gap Bridge) to 035 (Delaware Water Gap Bridge))
(1) 004 (4) Berlin Simulcast Camden, NJ 769.69375c 769.91875 770.16875a 773.56875a 774.31875a

Is this right or wrong???? Contact me here or iMessage me at dirtdiver1964@me.com

I left my radio on NJICS, I have it set for a blue light to come on when Bridgeton Transmits,
The blue light came on but no voice. 11:20 pm...

phillydjdan

I'm surprised every town doesn't have their own systems with their own different protocols like in North Jersey. Those guys gotta carry 6 different radios for interops lol

phillydjdan

There's NO WAY you are picking up the NJICS system on a Pro-106 or 396T. Absolutely no way. I guarantee it. Post a link to a youtube video of it working. I'd love to see this...

There's NO WAY you are picking up the NJICS system on a Pro-106 or 396T. Absolutely no way. I guarantee it. Post a link to a youtube video of it working. I'd love to see this...

I don't hear any voice, however the blue light does light up and the scanner stops on Bridgeton, doesn't stay on very long.
I know it won't pick up NJICS because the pro-106 is not Phase 2 TDMA compatible,
I am looking for a radio that is Phase 2 TDMA compatible.
I want to get back into radio Communications, I was an RTO for the 3rd ID D-TAC when I was in the Army.
I worked with the Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System (SINCGARS
And a few others.

Joseph11

The non-TDMA talkgroups on NJICS come over just fine on my PRO-106.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.