Briefing on future of NSRS System PDF File

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCFlash

Thanks for posting that info. Looks like that meeting was a while back, did they ever get funding for the P25 system that was discussed?

gvranchosbill

I dont know, information from state doesnt always seem to be current and i found this recently and dont recall seeing it prior to posting it and im always searching for new information.
Im continuing to see new talk groups appearing on my Uniden BCT-15 using AFS search mode, im sure that the money will come from someplace and if i understand right there are plenty of new radios that have not been installed yet and as far as parts or replacement repeaters i dont know, it does seem that it will be some years yet before this starts to change.
One thing i have noticed that there are several control channels transmitting opensky data on 700 mhz and i believe they are all washoe counties, but i may be wrong.

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
I was reading those last night, and apparently the P25 system is up (at least partially). Can anyone in that area confirm?

sigint1

Was: joking
From what I understand the RFP should be released in near future - Apparently NSRS will no longer be part of the Washoe County System (WCRCS) - so a lot of stuff has to be worked out - I don't think there will be and major changes until next year - in Washoe County Area I know of no P25 system on either NSRS or WCRCS in operation. As far as the OpenSky comment the Washoe County System has never used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.