• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Bringing a scanner on an airplane

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansky

I do a lot of air travel for business and want to bring my scanner with me to the places I visit. Has anyone had any problems with security when bringing a scanner in their carry-on luggage?

n3ncn

ansky said:
I do a lot of air travel for business and want to bring my scanner with me to the places I visit. in their carry-on luggage?
The Wiki is correct about usage but you can have it with your carry on to use at the places you visit as you indicated.

elk2370bruce

Totally agreed with all of the above. For general safety of my radio and the remainder of my luggage contents, I remove the batteries and place them in a re-sealable sandwich bag just in case they leak in transit. Okay, this may seem compulsive but it may prevent acid stains on your favorite tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.