Brinks or Money Transfer vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

For Brinks, try 151.1000. Various locations use a 203.5 PL.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I'm not a fan of encryption but I believe Brinks, etc. would make good candidates.

gary123

They only use the radios as live mics if there is anything suspicious happening and to tell the guard in the vehicle its ok to unlock the door so the carrier can reenter the vehicle. FYI the carrier does not have a key for the vehicle so that they cannot be forced to open the door..

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
FYI when i have seen Brinks collecting cash, i've seen them with CP200's this was only a couple years ago. I think there is a UHF freq that they use is in the database mainly in the greater toronto area

mciupa

FYI when i have seen Brinks collecting cash, i've seen them with CP200's this was only a couple years ago. I think there is a UHF freq that they use is in the database mainly in the greater toronto area

Yep, right under our noses.

Code:
Armoured Car Transportation

Frequency 	Input     	License 	Type 	Tone 	Alpha Tag 	Description 	Mode 	Tag 
460.05000 	465.08750  	XNE630  	RM	110.9 PL	Brinks A C	Brinks Canada Armoured Cars 	FM 	Security

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Back in the day I used to hear them all the time on that VHF frequency - they were using customized speaker-mics that let them flip a switch to "lock" the PTT on. Presumably so the guy in the truck could keep an ear on everything going on around the crews.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Be interesting to see what GardaWorld uses, i know for security ops they use whatever radios are on site (analog, TRBO, etc...) If i am not mistaken, Garda might use MIKE or PTT phones for cash handling ops.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Yep, right under our noses.

Code:
Armoured Car Transportation

Frequency 	Input     	License 	Type 	Tone 	Alpha Tag 	Description 	Mode 	Tag 
460.05000 	465.08750  	XNE630  	RM	110.9 PL	Brinks A C	Brinks Canada Armoured Cars 	FM 	Security

exactly what i was referring too! dont hear a lot of traffic on it anymore like i use to

Status
Not open for further replies.