Brisbane/San Mateo Simulcast ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwerty7

I have a question for Scannists in San Mateo County...I am listening to 488.3875 CT 162.2 on my Pro-2096
which is supposed to be Brisbane PD. I soon realized i was not hearing Brisbane PD at all based on the locations of the calls--it was San Mateo PD. I had them on the PRO-96 on 488.3125 CT 114.8.
How can this be considering the difference in not only the frequency but the CT as well.

Thanks,
Mary

Hooligan

I have a question for Scannists in San Mateo County...I am listening to 488.3875 CT 162.2 on my Pro-2096
which is supposed to be Brisbane PD. I soon realized i was not hearing Brisbane PD at all based on the locations of the calls--it was San Mateo PD. I had them on the PRO-96 on 488.3125 CT 114.8.
How can this be considering the difference in not only the frequency but the CT as well.

Thanks,
Mary

San Mateo City PD is the PSAP for Brisbane, and dispatches them on Brisbane PD's channel. Comms on both freqs are simulcast & this has been the case for somewhere around 2 - 3 years now. Brisbane officers have to hate it, as San Mateo PD is very busy with radio traffic compared to Brisbane.

It's easy to tell the difference between Brisbane & San Mateo units via their radio callsigns.

Tim

Qwerty7

BrisbaneSan Mateo PD Simulcast

Hey,Hooligan,

Thanks for the verification--though I was going batty.
The Millbrae,Half Moon Bay,Broadmoor thing is irritating as well.

I wonder why they don't use a CT CODE.
SMC put out a proposal to go to 700MHZ in a few years so this is all temporary.

Have a good one,

mary

Hooligan

Hey,Hooligan,

Thanks for the verification--though I was going batty.
The Millbrae,Half Moon Bay,Broadmoor thing is irritating as well.

I wonder why they don't use a CT CODE.
SMC put out a proposal to go to 700MHZ in a few years so this is all temporary.

Have a good one,

mary

Last I knew, all of them were using separate CTCSS tones on their repeaters. Are you saying all their radio traffic is simulcast now?? I know SM County does dispatch for those three departments (& EPA).

None of that is temporary, as there's no guarantee that individual public safety agencies within the county will migrate over to the 700MHz system, except for the SO & probably EMS.

Qwerty7

Broadmoor/Millbrae/Half Moon Bay

Hooligan,

They are simulcast on 482.5625. I believe the HMB unit designator is OCEAN Broadmoor is UNION and Millbrae is PAUL. There are others occasionally for coverage and events.
SMC is serious about going 700mhz. I don't know if Fire is on board.

Mary

gusbuster1217

Hooligan,

They are simulcast on 482.5625. I believe the HMB unit designator is OCEAN Broadmoor is UNION and Millbrae is PAUL. There are others occasionally for coverage and events.
SMC is serious about going 700mhz. I don't know if Fire is on board.Mary

You are correct regarding the designators.

I need to ask my friend that was a dective for MPD the call signs for the detectives from each department. It is different than the patrol units. He told me once but forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.