bristol connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrelli

I Can Not Seem To Recieve Bristol Connecticut Police Or Fire With My Pro 96,could Someone Help Out With What I Am Doing Wrong Thanks

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
Maybe an accurate answer would be found in the Connecticut forum?

how far are you from bristol?

I can hear them clear in manchester on their trunking system.

cg

Premium Subscriber
As long as the system is up and running, it is either a problem with your programming or with the distance to the transmitter from where you are (I cannot hear them in Granby). If you enter 859.9625 as a conventional channel and get data noise, then you should be able to hear the trunking traffic.

The system is a Motorola 800 MHz type II system. The PD is encrypted so don't bother with them. The FD and other users are analog (not digital) and unencrypted.

Follow the manual for entering such a system. It is not a p25 system so do not use that choice.

chris

btrelli

Bristol Ct.

Thanks I Will Try That, I Do Have That Channel In But It Sounds Like A Fire Truck Running In Your Ear. I Will Try That Channel,ALSO I LIVE IN BRISTOL. I GUESS YOU CAN NOT GET THE PD FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND.

n2mdk

That's the control channel, it's supposed to sound like that. The PD is encrypted everything else is listed as A/analog but under news it says the rest is digital. As long as you hear the "fire truck" you will be able to get everything but the PD once the system is set up properly for trunking.

btrelli

I Do Get It But Why Is It Always Going To Static On Off On Off I Am Missing All The Other Channels That Are Coming In, It Gets Stuck On The Bristol Channel And Goes On Off On Off Static, Is There A Setting I Should Be Doing.

mciupa

btrelli , do you have scanlists for the fire dept. programmed into the scanner ?
If you hit SCAN without having them in , then all you are doing is going to blank spots.

Try using SEARCH and see if you get random hits with the talkgroups.

Welcome to RadioReference and a friendly word of advice , don't capitalize every word in your posts. :)

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
btrelli said:
I Do Get It But Why Is It Always Going To Static On Off On Off I Am Missing All The Other Channels That Are Coming In, It Gets Stuck On The Bristol Channel And Goes On Off On Off Static, Is There A Setting I Should Be Doing.

I don't think the scanner is set up correctly.

1 - Make sure that you have 859.9625 programed in a channel in the radio.
2 - Make sure that you have the mode for that channel set to MO (Motorola)
3 - Make sure that the bank that you have the channel in is set to MO.
4 - Set the bank to Open (func 5 while in that bank) this will allow you to hear all active talkgroup traffic on the system.
When you hear a buzzing noise any any talkgroup, lock it out since its probably a police talkgroup that is encrypted.
If you have Win-96 software I can set up a file for you and e-mail it. Let me know.

73's

B.K.

EFjohnsonVHF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Chinto said:
I thought Bristol P.D. was encrypted somehow?

Bristol PD has been ENCRYPTED for quite a while, At least 3 years on my count, I use to monitor the rest of the system just for fun when I lived in Middletown CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.