bristol county police intercity poor reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1UAM

Hello I was wondering why I cannot receieve 482.5125 as great as 471.6500? This really bothers me as I know both systems are in same location. Is there a problem with this particular system. Also I am located in new bedford mass which is southern Bristol county mass. Also in comparison I can get Plymouth police intercity and I can get bapern crystal clear on 470.7875 and 470.5625 like these are right next door to me?

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Hello I was wondering why I cannot receieve 482.5125 as great as 471.6500? This really bothers me as I know both systems are in same location.

Might want to re-check that.

The license for 482.5125 (WPQF378) has it located at 400 FAUNCE CORNER RD in North Dartmouth located at 41° 39' 55.4" N, 70° 59' 43.1" W at only 79 watts

The license for 471.6500 (WQDV597) has it located on Copicut Hill in Fall River at 70 watts. While this may be further from you, it's also higher up and provides a more "line of sight" shot to you.

KB1UAM

Thank you for the correction. I was wondering if b.a.p.e.r.n. areawide 3 and 4 have repeaters on copicut as well? Or are they somewhere else?

cmpsa

* Bristol Cnty Police 482.5125 Repeater transmits from atop a high-rise apartment building, Fall River.

* Bristol Cnty Fire 471.650 Repeater transmits from a radio communications tower atop Copicut Hill, Fall River.

Same city, but different locations with different amsl (sea level) elevations.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Why is the Bristol County Intercity operating under the licensee name of "Fall River, City Of', instead of Bristol County?

The license for Bristol County appears to be some institutional building.

I see the Fall River location is the same as the FR PD & FD repeaters.

Last edited:

cmpsa

WPQF378 Bristol, County of
* 400 Faunce Corner Rd. is the Bristol Cnty Jail. If you look up their FCC license, they have a "FB" fixed base on the rptr output (482.5125), 10 mobiles on the rptr output & input, and then a "FX1" control station on the rptr input (to key up the rptr). They are only licensed because they have access to transmit/talk on that system, doesn't necessary mean they are the owner.

WPZY244 Fall River, City of
* The rptr sites are not licensed under Bristol Cnty, it's licensed under the City of Fall River, that is why. Location 1 is the high-rise apartment building.

ecps92

Most likely that was who got the Grant or did the majority of the leg work.

From a Masshistorical perspective:

Most of the original 483/484 Metro Fire was done by Newton Fire
All of the new MNHSR was done under Boston Police
BAPERN was coordinated thru Newton Police for most of the channels.

I a suprised the FRCOG was not under Greenfield

And the 800 Patch for WEMLEC is thru ? [I forget]

remember, Counties really don't exist in Massachusetts except on Paper :wink: anymore

Why is the Bristol County Intercity operating under the licensee name of "Fall River, City Of', instead of Bristol County?

The license for Bristol County appears to be some institutional building.

I see the Fall River location is the same as the FR PD & FD repeaters.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
cmpsa and ecps92 thank you both very much. Just tough to find an intercity license when it is licensed to a single city instead of a county. I appreciate the clarification on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.