Bristol RI Plice on DMR what changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEWB-N1EXA

Acushnet Heights Radio 740
To the RI Group.
Used to get in New Bedfoird MA the Bristol RI police on DMR with my 996P2 months back but now it wont decode?

Have they gone Encrypted changed the Antenna Partern or turned the power down? I can still get the DMR data but only

Comes in with 1 segment of the signal level... Is It possibly to low for decoding DMR ?

I tried the RISCON Site South Of Fall River too and cant even get the Control Channel so lll assume the antenna patern faces

into RI only.

Yes- outside antenna and good coax no issues there.

Peter N1EXA

KEWB-N1EXA

Channel 1 shows as encryption capable, and channel 2 shows encrypted. Perhaps they threw the switch.

Have you tried the RISCON East site? There have been a few changes since it came online, which may account for your signal issues.
Thanks
I Think they went Encrypted like Warren RI... My 996P2 is working on the ICE systems on (935 Mhz) so i know its decoding DMR.
I can get the Bristol RI Police DMR Data Noise but No decode. I get the Bourne Ham DMR site Too on VHF HI and it decodes .But one in Bristol RI is a dead duck on 2 Meters So I know the signal is good on VHF and 900 Mhz.

I tried the East RISCON which shows up on the map south of Fall River and I can just get on the edge the Control Channel this morning
so i'm not going to decode that P25 system.

Pete N1EXA

Last edited:

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Hearing them fine here in Taunton, MA.
155.1300 CC12 TG268 TS1 Strong and clear.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I honestly keep them locked out, as they are usually too chatty for me. There is a dmr carrier, much weaker, that keeps popping up, but the PD ops are all there and strong.

KEWB-N1EXA

I honestly keep them locked out, as they are usually too chatty for me. There is a dmr carrier, much weaker, that keeps popping up, but the PD ops are all there and strong.
Its Location Location Location - The Ringo pulls in that DMR beacon Carrier much better and I reprogrammed the channal as a Signal frequency
Trunk System with the 2 slots and talk groups. It did decode the police on channel 1. The Ice systems on 935 Mhz worked but i could tell the
performance rolled off. The scanner went back up stairs on the other antenna. No big drum banging need for Bristol RI PD but its good to know
its not them its my setup.

Pete N1EXA

Status
Not open for further replies.