Bristol Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner404

Feed Provider
I have been trying to pick up Bristol's trunked frequencies for a while now on my pro-164; but I haven't been able to get anything; I understand their PD is encrypted; but even so, I still can't hear their FD or EMS channels, which are suppose to be analog trunking. I live only 2 towns over, so I should be able to hear them, but I can't get anything unless I listen to an online scanner. While were on the subject of trunking, I am also having difficulty receiving West Hartford's trunked frequencies; they come in, but only on occasion; it's very broken up.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Last time I monitored it, Bristol was mixed analog/digital, with PD being the only digital user. They were also 100% secure 24/7.
Bristol should not have had to reband as they had no 866-869 channels. They should be Motorola Standard 800.

chris

jfr454

Entered Bristol, CT into my Pro-2067 and BCD996T and have been receiving them fine on the East side of the river. Motorola trunked, analog and no need for the custom band plan. I have been hearing the FD groups fine for a week now. Didn't try EMS and PD is encrypted.

ansky

While were on the subject of trunking, I am also having difficulty receiving West Hartford's trunked frequencies; they come in, but only on occasion; it's very broken up.

From what I've heard the West Hartford trunked system is very directional. They have a transmitter on Avon Mountain, yet 2 miles away in Farmington I can't pick it up.

Bob_61

cg

Premium Subscriber
The WH license has 3 sites only one of which is directional. WCCC tower on Albany Av is the directional site with a 135 deg heading, 120 deg wide. (75 to 195 deg). This info is in the Site section and then look at each antenna.
ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WPMN274 - WEST HARTFORD, TOWN OF - Location 5
Since West Hartford and CSP went to the rebanded channels (851-854MHz), they have terrible interference. It was better when it was 866-869.

chris

55engine

Premium Subscriber
bristol is supposed moving the system to all Digital i was told fire dept. is in the process of doing that sometime this year?????????

APX7500X2

bristol is supposed moving the system to all Digital i was told fire dept. is in the process of doing that sometime this year?????????

They Might. Or they could wait for the new P25 P2 system. It would be nice if they went digital, then I could hear them better.

Status
Not open for further replies.