British Columbia's Legislative Building Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
Hello, Just wanted to inform you that the British Columbia's Legislative Frequencies are not accurate cause I stayed next to the building for five nights and never heard a thing from the two frequencies that were listed. Maybe they did a upgrade lately. Just thought I would let you know.

dwc

Database Admin
Hello, Just wanted to inform you that the British Columbia's Legislative Frequencies are not accurate cause I stayed next to the building for five nights and never heard a thing from the two frequencies that were listed. Maybe they did a upgrade lately. Just thought I would let you know.
Did you hear any digital noise on there at all? The legislature is not currently in session so perhaps they aren't as active.

I see the following in the TAFL;

460.5625 repeater
464.625 simplex
461.0125 repeater

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
Leg Frequencies

Hello dwc,

Did not hear anything from the 460.5625 or the 461.01250. I stayed at The Embassy Hotel, a couple of years age and listen to them. Then we stayed at the Hotel Grand Pacific for five nights and never heard anything. I don't believe Canada has a published DOC listings, correct me if I am wrong, like the FCC has here in the States. But I am just letting you know that the listings on Radio Reference are not accurate.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I don't believe Canada has a published DOC listings, correct me if I am wrong, like the FCC has here in the States.

ISED(formerly IC and before that DOC) DOES publish around 90% of frequency assignments. ISED does offer what is known as ‘protected status’ for qualifying licensees(public safety) where those licenses/assignments are not published.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwc

Database Admin
Hello dwc,

Did not hear anything from the 460.5625 or the 461.01250. I stayed at The Embassy Hotel, a couple of years age and listen to them. Then we stayed at the Hotel Grand Pacific for five nights and never heard anything. I don't believe Canada has a published DOC listings, correct me if I am wrong, like the FCC has here in the States. But I am just letting you know that the listings on Radio Reference are not accurate.

When I made reference to the TAFL in my previous post, that is what we Canadians refer to as the Technical and Administrative Frequency List published by ISED (formerly IC and DOC). This is the equivalent frequency database that the FCC publishes.

For future reference, you can search the TAFL

here;

https://tafl.mckie.ca/

here;

TAFL Search with Google Maps Output

or using the government's cringworthy search functionalities or download the raw rata here;

Spectrum Management System Data - Spectrum Management System

Anyway, I will see if we can have someone verify the frequencies when the legislature is back in session.

Cheers,

dwC

Ripper6Bravo

Premium Subscriber
I was just in Victoria yesterday and both 460.5625 and 461.0125 are active and they are DMR.
460.5625 is encrypted DMR

461.0125 was associated with the Royal BC Museum, for outside perimeter patrols. Inside the building uses a different frequency so I personally can't confirm if it still is. It is definitely active in DMR mode though.

464.625 used to be the primary frequency used by the Legislature but haven't heard any activity in recent years, was active when I lived in Victoria, and I assumed that it has been replaced with 460.5625 . I still have 464.625 programmed in and have not heard any activity on there personally.

Rob

mciupa

I was just in Victoria yesterday and both 460.5625 and 461.0125 are active and they are DMR.
460.5625 is encrypted DMR

461.0125 was associated with the Royal BC Museum, for outside perimeter patrols. Inside the building uses a different frequency so I personally can't confirm if it still is. It is definitely active in DMR mode though.

464.625 used to be the primary frequency used by the Legislature but haven't heard any activity in recent years, was active when I lived in Victoria, and I assumed that it has been replaced with 460.5625 . I still have 464.625 programmed in and have not heard any activity on there personally.

Rob

Thank you for confirming the switch over to DMR. I'm sure changes will be forthcoming shortly.

For the original poster, thanks for drawing our attention to a change that needs to be made.

dwc

Database Admin
Thank you for confirming the switch over to DMR. I'm sure changes will be forthcoming shortly.

For the original poster, thanks for drawing our attention to a change that needs to be made.

Yeah thanks Rob.

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
TAFL Listings per DWC.

Thanks for the info on the TAFL listings for your country. It will definitely come in handy when traveling to Victoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.