Broadcastify Announces New Feed Dashboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Release adds custom dashboards, volume and panning features, automatic reconnects and more.

Broadcastify is excited to announce the release of new feed dashboard features, allowing subscribers to create custom dashboards of feeds to manage and monitor.

Features include:
  • 6 feeds per dashboard - listen to all at once
  • Unlimited dashboards
  • Automatic reconnecting
  • Level meters
  • Play, Stop, and Mute All functions
  • User configurable and saveable volume and stereo panning for individual feeds
  • Mute "all except" feature to tactically monitor a single feed
Get started with your own feed dashboards today:

ProducerGuy

Does this only apply to the online/Windows version, or will there be an upgrade for the Apple app as well ? Would love to use this on my iPhone.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Does this only apply to the online/Windows version, or will there be an upgrade for the Apple app as well ? Would love to use this on my iPhone.

Check note #2 in the original announcement here:

mws72

Premium Subscriber
I presume it will support tags down the line? The ones I really like to cover a large area and the tags are the only way to keep track on who's talking.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I presume it will support tags down the line? The ones I really like to cover a large area and the tags are the only way to keep track on who's talking.

From another thread I read, Mr. Blanton indicated tags can't be encoded in HTML5 which is how the site works. I have my own websites, and believe it or not, know very little code, but I have to wonder if tags can be used with JS or Jquery? Again, I know very little code so not sure.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
As much as I dislike the Broadcastify feed network and the controversy therein, I like this console for the ability to hear scanners in places where I have family and friends hundreds of miles away (CA, FL, NV, AZ and WY) Very handy, indeed. I guess that makes me a hypocrite so I will not bash here anymore. I am sold. For as long as it lasts, I suppose. No feeds for Jackson Hole, WY, so maybe I will hop on that bandwagon and be a feed provider for Teton County. Ya never know. And, never say never. haha

I have sipped the Kool-Aid and I have been converted!

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
As much as I dislike the Broadcastify feed network and the controversy therein, I like this console for the ability to hear scanners in places where I have family and friends hundreds of miles away (CA, FL, NV, AZ and WY) Very handy, indeed. I guess that makes me a hypocrite so I will not bash here anymore. I am sold. For as long as it lasts, I suppose. No feeds for Jackson Hole, WY, so maybe I will hop on that bandwagon and be a feed provider for Teton County. Ya never know. And, never say never. haha

I have sipped the Kool-Aid and I have been converted!
I like your post JD. As always, you're very diplomatic.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I liken the Broadcastify debate to the politics of today - Pro-Trump and Anti-Trump - and in my family that is a touchy subject. I have always been vehemently against the feed apps on cell phones for obvious reasons, but have we heard a lot of feedback from LEO that these apps are being used in that regard? Frankly, I have not. I have only read that they could be, and that is not evidence of any criminal element utilizing these scanner apps for nefarious reasons. I do not want to derail this thread into an encryption debate, I just wanted to announce my change of mind on the matter, and thank Mr. Blanton for yet another contribution for our wonderful hobby. Congrats! I think the feed dashboard rocks! ;)

JD
kf4anc

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I liken the Broadcastify debate to the politics of today - Pro-Trump and Anti-Trump - and in my family that is a touchy subject. I have always been vehemently against the feed apps on cell phones for obvious reasons, but have we heard a lot of feedback from LEO that these apps are being used in that regard? Frankly, I have not. I have only read that they could be, and that is not evidence of any criminal element utilizing these scanner apps for nefarious reasons. I do not want to derail this thread into an encryption debate, I just wanted to announce my change of mind on the matter, and thank Mr. Blanton for yet another contribution for our wonderful hobby. Congrats! I think the feed dashboard rocks! ;)

JD
kf4anc
You are right this is not the place for the debate, you saw recently a conversation in the Pennsylvania forum where top LEOs do have an opinion and changed long-standing SOP much to our chagrin. We can talk about it there.

I have always thought of you as diplomatic and middle of the road in a conversation.;)

Now we can let this thread continue on with its intended purpose. I did see the example dashboard and it looks good.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Just a thought. What about a dark mode or night mode so we could toggle between the white page background or a black background?
I actually do that with my phone and my computer under accessibility. I have the black background with white printing on my phone and home computer for the RR forums. I think the site actually offers that option also.

Status
Not open for further replies.