Broadcastify App no longer free?

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Apologizes if this is a duplicate thread, I did try to find one but didn't so I think im safe. If not please link me to the existing one

Why is the Broadcastify App no longer free on the App Stores?

It is now showing as $3.99 and is listed as Broadcastify Pro....however I can not find anything different from the original?

My Old Phone has the original but I want to add the app to my work phone and I am not able to download the original free version, even as a feed provider. I am confused. I shouldn't have to download a 3rd Party app.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
See here for some background

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
I personally do not like the broadcastify app(for Android). You can try scanner radio - police scanner.

I bought the pro version, but they have a free one as well.
I second this. Broadcastify app's UI reminds me of the internet from 1999. It really needs a major update

js_402

When will the Broadcastify app for android be updated? I purchased an android-based tablet specifically to stream broadcastify to an external speaker, but the app was developed for an older version of android, so it doesn't even appear in the App store for that tablet.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
Keep up to date on all of the action with Police, Fire, Rescue, Ambulance, Amateur Radio, News and more all in the palm of your hand

Action Scanner Radio PRO

An actual scanner! Up to six agencies in each of it's five banks. Scannable one bank at a time.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
Keep up to date on all of the action with Police, Fire, Rescue, Ambulance, Amateur Radio, News and more all in the palm of your hand

Action Scanner Radio PRO

An actual scanner! Up to six agencies in each of it's five banks. Scannable one bank at a time.

I've been using Scanner Radio Pro for years, but this one does look interesting. I need to ask a question though, as it does not specify in the link you provided. Does it work with Android Auto like Scanner Radio Pro?

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
Okay @a417 I see the snarky little face... yet again... Snarky  Crap Again.JPG So tell me what's so funny? "Scanner Radio Pro" appears to be a separate program from "Action Scanner Radio Pro". I've tried many programs over the years and not all of them interface with Android Auto for control by my cars touch screen. It's a fair question as there is no reason to spend money on something that may not work as intended. So if you reply, even though I have you blocked, I'll read your explanation.

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
I've been using Scanner Radio Pro for years, but this one does look interesting. I need to ask a question though, as it does not specify in the link you provided. Does it work with Android Auto like Scanner Radio Pro?
Looks loke iOS only Screenshot_20230415-095636_Chrome.jpg

MissouriMule

Premium Subscriber
I realize this is a old thread here. But, I was wanting something on my screen for quicker action...however, seems that the broadcastify app is out of date unless you happen to have a older phone...and since I already own a handheld guess I will either have to do without because some areas doesn't allow intermission and I am.not allowed at times anything In my ears or over them.

MissouriMule

Premium Subscriber
If you have had the app installed on any device, it should show in your app history, in the app store.
Never had it just wanted a shortcut basically. But, going to the app store Noland trying to down load it (free or not) said it isn't compatible with my device I needed a older version

Kingscup

Feed Provider
By the way Google or what I call giggles changed my wording again!
Should have said, store and trying to.

If needed, there is an edit button you can use to fix spelling errors or anything else you need to fix. It only shows for a few minutes after you post before it disappears.

GILLIG40

Premium Subscriber
Thanks RadioJonD. I just installed Action Scanner Radio Pro on my IPhone & IPad. This works really great and it’s only $2.99. I doesn’t have all the feeds for Lucas County Ohio that Broadcastify has but it’s has the four major ones that I monitor.