Broadcastify Calls and Permitted Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryWilly

Is there a simple way to look at the database page for a system and immediately know what TGs are allowed and what aren't (i.e., is anything "LAW TAC" immediately disqualified?).

The reason I ask is I am now in a position where I can't just send all talkgroups and let Broadcastify sort it out. Encrypted calls are eating CPU cycles unnecessarily, and with Trunk Recorder specifically, I want to add analog recorders but don't want to be recording telemetry all day, so for all of the systems I need to begin curating lists of active talkgroups.

Plan was to pretty much based the list on provider terms of service, but didn't know if there was a simpler way to get a yes/no on certain talkgroups.

Thanks in advance!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's enforced by service tag in the database (but we can override it for any individual talkgroup or frequency)

The following service tags are allowed to be listened to by the public in Broadcastify Calls

Code:
+----------------+
| Multi-Dispatch |
| Law Dispatch   |
| Fire Dispatch  |
| EMS Dispatch   |
| Multi-Tac      |
| Fire-Tac       |
| EMS-Tac        |
| Interop        |
| Ham            |
| Public Works   |
| Aircraft       |
| Railroad       |
| Multi-Talk     |
| Fire-Talk      |
| EMS-Talk       |
| Transportation |
| Emergency Ops  |
| Utilities      |
+----------------+

Calls providers can listen to everything they send up to us, no restrictions (a nice benefit for calls providers)

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
So if I start doing the calls for my feed, I can send everything that is on the system without having to lock anything out, including schools? Currently doing normal feed through SDRTrunk but I see Denny has integrated the calls platform as well so I could implement it easily and then just tag a duplicate alias list for everything to the calls stream.

HarryWilly

That’s exactly what I’m doing. I’m just getting ready to make a CSV of only the allowed stuff for Trunk Recorder so I’m not needlessly recording the about half of the traffic that is encrypted then another large cross section that is not on the approved list.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
That’s exactly what I’m doing. I’m just getting ready to make a CSV of only the allowed stuff for Trunk Recorder so I’m not needlessly recording the about half of the traffic that is encrypted then another large cross section that is not on the approved list.

I just looked at some of the places that are doing the calls platform already and there is some tac channels, so it is why I asked about it in here before I just started on it. As it looks, you can't see the tac stuff for public but if it is your feed/member of Broadcastify? you can see everything on the system. I just basically wanted to know if everything on a system would be allowed and I may start a calls feed as well depending on how hard it taxes onto the computer I am running things on. Currently running UniTrunker, Trunk recorder, SdrTrunk, 2 instances of Radio Feed and ProScan. About the only one that taxes the memory is SDRTrunk but for the most part it doesn't hurt it too bad. If it get's up there I just shut it down and restart it lol.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
By skimming over some of the current calls streams, everything is fair game by the looks, but don't take my word for it. Will have to wait till someone higher up the food chain can clarify it.

waterbwuk

Feed Provider
So if I start doing the calls for my feed, I can send everything that is on the system without having to lock anything out, including schools? Currently doing normal feed through SDRTrunk but I see Denny has integrated the calls platform as well so I could implement it easily and then just tag a duplicate alias list for everything to the calls stream.

Yea you just send everything, it will get sorted out on the servers end. Talkgroups that aren't allowed to be broadcasted to the public won't be accessible to the public. You can try this by just going to someones system on calls, go to talk groups and pick one that shouldn't be broadcasted. You won't be able to listen to it unless you are an admin or the feed owner. There's nothing you need to do on your end besides just send the calls.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Ok, well just got it up an online, only thing is I still don't feel right sending the talk from the ambulance to and from the hospital, so I have that one set to not stream. Other than that, everything else is set to stream.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ok, well just got it up an online, only thing is I still don't feel right sending the talk from the ambulance to and from the hospital, so I have that one set to not stream. Other than that, everything else is set to stream.

We don't make it available to the public - but we do make it available to you as a benefit so you can go back and review the traffic if you want to. That's a benefit to calls providers.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
We don't make it available to the public - but we do make it available to you as a benefit so you can go back and review the traffic if you want to. That's a benefit to calls providers.

I noticed that. I just still don't like sending the one talkgroup as I don't even listen to it anymore. Actually haven't listened to that TG since the P25 system here went live a few years ago. But it is good information to know. Will be interesting to see where this all goes as it is looking interesting. Right now I have SDRTrunk feeding this as well as the normal live stream using only 1 sdr stick and covering the entire system at the same time.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Right now I have SDRTrunk feeding this as well as the normal live stream using only 1 sdr stick and covering the entire system at the same time.
It's nice when all seven frequencies only span 0.575 MHz, huh? :LOL:

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
It's nice when all seven frequencies only span 0.575 MHz, huh? :LOL:

LOL yeah it is nice. Right now as I said have SDRTrunk running the main feed and now calls, UniTrunker on another SDR stick for private feed with Trunk Recorder & Radio Feed. Then have UniTrunker also doing my NOAA feed. Can't wait till can do an analog feed in SDRTrunk and be able to mute just that and still be able to listen to the rest. As if computer reboots, SDRTrunk aquires all the SDR sticks and then nothing starts in UniTrunker so I have to shut it down and then start UT then SDRTrunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.