Broadcastify Calls - Custom Personalized Playlist Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The calls platform has about 50 ingest systems now.

AND... now supports custom personalized playlists for premium subscribers.

Broadcastify Calls Playlists

Playlist support includes
  1. Unlimited personalized playlists
  2. Max 20 Groups per playlist
  3. Cross system support. You can add groups from across any system in the calls platform. Now, that's cool. :)
There are some public playlists there for people to get a sense for how they work. Enjoy!

collinr

Feed Provider
Thanks for this new system, it's really great.

Can you explain why not all talkgroups are available in the Playlist “Quick Add Group”?

Example: on the Michigan MPSCS, I was able to add 78FGR1-1590 and 78FGR2-1591, but 78FGR3-1592 and 78FGR4-1593, don't seem to be available.

I thought maybe it corresponded to the ones listed in the Coverage expandable tree page, but that doesn’t seem to be the case either, because 78FGR2 wasn't in the list, but I successfully added it. Does it have to see traffic first to show up ?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We have to see traffic before you can add to a playlist. This probably isn't optimal yet, but it's what we have until we build out coverage further,.

Additionally, unless you are a call ingest provider, you can't add talkgroups that are against Broadcastify's overall terms of service (Law TAC, Talk, Hospital etc)

jpryor

Very nice, I was able to quickly build a few lists to include selected groups across a couple systems. The playlist allows for a nice balance between the 'fire hose' of all system traffic or only having a single channel at a time. Although even with only a few busy active channels, at times the backlog of interwoven conversations is a bit to keep track. But otherwise compared to the alternative of running a couple different radios (or feeds, etc) at the same time, this provides a good way to be sure to hear everything.

I am finding that the 'Skip to Next Call' button is getting some decent use on fire dispatch calls. Those are generally at least 30 seconds from locution, with a majority of the info repeated a second time. So hence a quick tap on Skip to get ahead to the upcoming action if I see a backlog building.

And along with the 'Hold Current Group' button, as a playlist user, I would also find useful to have a temporary lockout/skip button. So that could be clicked quickly for groups that make sense to skip from the current playlist. Then reloading the playlist and page would reset, or similar button to reset the skipped groups.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
The calls platform has about 50 ingest systems now.

AND... now supports custom personalized playlists for premium subscribers.

Broadcastify Calls Playlists

Playlist support includes
  1. Unlimited personalized playlists
  2. Max 20 Groups per playlist
  3. Cross system support. You can add groups from across any system in the calls platform. Now, that's cool. :)
There are some public playlists there for people to get a sense for how they work. Enjoy!

I finally got around to testing Calls tonight. I like the potential but it's still feeling a bit clunky and wonky to me. Maybe it's just my lack of sleep but adding conventional channels to my list worked sometimes and other times was hard to search to find what I wanted to add. Trunked systems worked a bit better but still hit or miss on if it pulled the option to add by searching for TG or names.
It would be nice to add in the future an option to add to a playlist right from the system frequency pages instead of going to those and finding the info and having to search and add. (Again, maybe I'm doing this wrong and there's a better way, I just started messing with it about an hour ago).
Individual volume adjustments would be great. My test playlist has a couple additions I've had to crank up the volume to hear the audio then immediately goes into something that is blasting loud enough my neighbors probably got shaken out of bed by the dispatch.
Right now there's 128 systems online as I'm messing around and adding to my testing playlist. Not too bad to search through. I'm hoping as you add more systems these can be split into states sort of like Broadcastify is now. I'd feel really sorry for the people looking for Yakima when we're up to 500 or 1,000 systems online if it's all going to remain in one list. :) Edit: I found the Coverage page. But strange it highlights the online systems and the Coverage is a different section. Since the online systems was highlighted I went there instead of the coverage. Weird to see these as two separate items.

I really like the potential though. For now I'll probably still continue to open a million different players on the existing Broadcastify feeds. But as this builds out and adds more and more systems it can be really usefully to monitor these playlists as a nice addition.

Last edited:

HiVolt

Feed Provider
Playlists are very nice, but I find 20TG's quite limited. I cannot even add half of the TG's in Toronto Fire system.

Also, the web browser on mobile devices (at least iPhones/iPads) in my experience, don't play once the screen goes to sleep. Hope that can get addressed at some point, as it doesn't make listening on the go easy. Maybe it can be incorporated into its own app, or the main Broadcastify app - that of course works with screen off.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Looking at the updates topic it seems like some nice updates were made in the last few weeks. Since it’s supposed to rain most of the weekend I’ll have to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.