Broadcastify Calls, Duplicate transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX9MDT

Hey guys,
I'm trying to slowly move my monitoring to calls platform, I am having some issues with duplicate transmissions on a simulcast site in Des Moines area.
Is this caused by a time delay within the P25 system between the simulcast site and the sites I monitor? Or is this a time sync issue with the other site and a non matching config timeout?
It seems that their site is uploading several shorter transmissions say 5x 4 second transmissions and then mine uploads the full transmission length say 20 seconds.
Just trying to get this sorted out to impact the least amount of people possible with dupes.

Thanks!

nick0909

Antenna flicker
Feed Provider
I've seen this if 2 people are using different software to monitor the same site. Trunk-recorder on Linux tends to do the smaller individual files and I think the popular Windows application will connect several of them together in to one longer recording. It is difficult for the system to tell what is duplicate content at that point.

WX9MDT

I am using trunk recorder with a call timeout of 1 which was the default on the rpi image.
This would make sense though as a possible cause, different config uploading at different intervals.

HarryWilly

SDR Trunk will break up each transmission (every time a user lifts their finger off a PTT) where as if the back and forth is quick enough, TrunkRecorder will typically make it longer - so I have this problem since I am not the only one feeding the same system.

RR will normally reject duplicates if they are otherwise the same, such as two different sites being monitored with SDRTrunk and the same call is on both sites because there are users affiliated to both.

thatoneiowan

Feed Provider
I am feeding a Des Moines/Westcom simulcast node on ISICS as well as a Polk County simulcast node on SARA both using SDRTrunk on the same PC... although I am in Huxley which is possibly affecting my reception. Sometimes the Polk County simulcast site will drop to idle for a second here or there but otherwise it shows a connection. I don't entirely understand what I am doing but I'd be happy to help troubleshoot if you tell me what I need to do.

kslager

Feed Provider
I am feeding a Des Moines/Westcom simulcast node on ISICS as well as a Polk County simulcast node on SARA both using SDRTrunk on the same PC... although I am in Huxley which is possibly affecting my reception. Sometimes the Polk County simulcast site will drop to idle for a second here or there but otherwise it shows a connection. I don't entirely understand what I am doing but I'd be happy to help troubleshoot if you tell me what I need to do.

Can you check your device's time?Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.