Broadcastify Calls Polk Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I just started tinkering with Broadcastify calls and have grown very impressed with it. I see there is a node in Crookston, which I presume is listening to the Crookston ARMER tower. Does this node also receive the East Grand Forks tower? I notice there are EGF talkgroups available.

I'm wondering if those EGF talkgroups are present because the EGF tower is received, or just for when EGF units roam into the Crookston tower coverage area and they affiliate with the Crookston tower?

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
From what I can see it’s just the Crookston Towersite and the EGF is by affiliation of radios that drift over to that towersite.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The more I listen to this node, that's the conclusion I'm reaching too. Spent a lot of time up there visiting family and always brought a scanner.

jason_58201

East grand forks and crookston both have their own armer towers. however talkgroups in this region are compatible with all towers in this region. It doesn't matter if you are listening to the East Grand tower or the crookston tower it matters what talkgroup is being broadcasted. I don't know much about streaming scanner traffic online, but I can tell you this, All East Grand Forks dispatch is done seperately that the rest of Polk County. East Grand has their own talkgroups for police and fire and a patch for ambulance service which is on vhf out of grand forks. So when I'm listening to my scanner at home, I have it set only to listen to the crookston twr and scan all armer talkgroups in nw mn. So I can listen to East Grand pd if i want on the crookston tower, or Pennington Co SO or TRF PD. Generally you can listen to the adjoining county and it's associated talkgroups on any particular tower. What was on broadcasitfy and now it's not being streamed as of today appears to have been the Sheriff's Department talkgroup, unless someoen was feeding all LE talkgroups into that stream which would be counfusing as hell to track and keep straight. Anyhow it helps to know badge numbers too to determine who one is hearing.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jason!

I know at one point EGF PD dispatch was "540" and their unit/badge numbers were in that neck of the woods. From trips up there years ago (which I miss) I know the amount of police talk was scant. So I was wondering if the feed is streaming the Crookston tower only or the EGF one too. If Crookston only, is EGF PD calls carried on Crookston tower all the time, or just when an EGF PD unit is roaming into the Crookston tower footprint.

jason_58201

Thanks Jason!

I know at one point EGF PD dispatch was "540" and their unit/badge numbers were in that neck of the woods. From trips up there years ago (which I miss) I know the amount of police talk was scant. So I was wondering if the feed is streaming the Crookston tower only or the EGF one too. If Crookston only, is EGF PD calls carried on Crookston tower all the time, or just when an EGF PD unit is roaming into the Crookston tower footprint.

Yeah first off EGF is still 540 and they have their own dispatch yet. I live just outside Crookston, and when I am at home, i only scan off the Crookston Tower and EGF's tg's are heard on the crookston tower, as is Red Lake County patch, Pennington County, Norman County, State Patrol, MnDot, pretty much any adjoining county can be heard on any particular tower., So the feed could be streaming off any tower really. It could be on EGF, Crookston, Angus, Dorothy, Eldred, Marcoux, Lengby, Flom, Flaming, Plummer, Winger etc. etc. Once upon a time a person got away with needing only 6 channels in polk county, EGF PD, EGF FD, County Fire, County Law, Crox PD/FD/AMB, and county car 2 car. Now there are a lot more to monitor, with a ton of tac channels both local and state. I haven't monitored the streaming feed to know what TG's are being streamed on it, and if it is multiple tg's being streamed it makes it difficult if not impossible to monitor other tg's in use at the same time.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jason! I could never figure out for sure exactly where the EGF tower was. (About this time of year I'm missing Widman's Chippers)

jason_58201

Thanks Jason! I could never figure out for sure exactly where the EGF tower was. (About this time of year I'm missing Widman's Chippers)
I use to know the owners of Widman's personally many years ago. One of my favorite treats of theirs was a lesser known but in my opinion tastier treat than chippers was the chocolate covered Fritos.

Status
Not open for further replies.