Broadcastify calls question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
I finally set up SDR Trunk and import the audio into trunk recorder 3.0. If I want to broadcast the audio. Do I select sdr trunk or trunk recorder 3.0 when applying. I would like to use trunk recorder 3.0 to broadcast. I wasn’t sure if it matter what I selected during the application process.

waterbwuk

Feed Provider
SDRTrunk can work with BCFY Calls just fine on it's own, but if you want to send it from trunking recorder instead then just select trunking recorder.

nick223

Feed Provider
SDRTrunk can work with BCFY Calls just fine on it's own, but if you want to send it from trunking recorder instead then just select trunking recorder.
Thanks.
Yeah I’m new to this call stuff. Does sdr trunk have a layout like trunk recorder 3.0. The record layout is nice.

waterbwuk

Feed Provider
Thanks.
Yeah I’m new to this call stuff. Does sdr trunk have a layout like trunk recorder 3.0. The record layout is nice.

SDRTrunk is what you use to receive, decode, and record the system.
All trunking recorder does is import those recordings and host them on your local computer. It also includes a nice little web interface to go back and review them, listen, etc without needing internet access.

SDRTrunk and Trunking Recorder will both (but not at the same time obviously) upload to Broadcastify Calls. Whichever one you want to use is up to you, both of them work fine. SDRTrunk will give you a little more info though (View->Show Streaming Status) at the bottom that shows you if it's connected, how many are in queue, how many have been uploaded, or if there were any errors. Trunking Recorder doesn't do that in the interface.

nick223

Feed Provider
Is there a way to automatically delete recording in the record folder after so many days in SDR Trunk? Just seems like alot of recordings after so long will it cause issues or will it be okay?

waterbwuk

Feed Provider
If you want to use Trunking Recorder+SDRTrunk, then Trunking Recorder will automatically move the recordings to your Documents folder and you can go into the preferences for Trunking Recorder and set a number of days to prune recordings so that it doesn't take up too much space.

If you just want to use SDRTrunk to upload to BFCY Calls, then you don't have to set anything to record. You just set it up to broadcast to the calls platform and SDRTrunk handles the rest.

nick223

Feed Provider
When you see it come in as 3 TGs. Does it record all 3 at a time? I only hear audio for 1 TG in the cluster of 3

Attachments

• A22BE9F9-C832-499B-8248-B67846067B4D.jpeg
    A22BE9F9-C832-499B-8248-B67846067B4D.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 29

waterbwuk

Feed Provider
I'm not familiar with your system so it's hard to say what's going on there, but it looks like they might just have the talkgroups patched? Do you feel like you are missing any traffic?

nick223

Feed Provider
I’m trying to broadcast. It shows connected calls are coming in but is not uploading. Any idea.

Attachments

• 004C570B-6B61-4198-A7A0-698F93D287BB.jpeg
    004C570B-6B61-4198-A7A0-698F93D287BB.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 19

nick223

Feed Provider
I figured it out. But I’m only uploading 2 TGs since it’s being filtered out since my other TGs are already being uploading on another site?

Status
Not open for further replies.