• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Broadcastify feed time out after 33 minutes!! HELP!!!!

WRC

Premium Subscriber
Been listening to Broadcastify for a long time! All of a sudden a few weeks ago -- the multiple feeds I listen to stop after 33 minutes - all have to be restarted ? What's the problem here ? I am using the HTML5 web player -as instructed -- using a new computer ? Frustrated! Help!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
I've been running tests all day from multiple feeds using the html5 player and it's working fine.

The only drop outs are from feeds that might be going offline.

WRC

Premium Subscriber
I am listening to 7 feeds, at 33-40 minutes, the player/s stops. I too am listening via html5 -- have used explorer, chrome and firefox.. which browser are you using?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
I've also tested all of the above. You and I corresponded about this via email last week.

You've either got a virus scanner, security software, corporate firewall, or something else on your local network or PC configurations that is causing a problem. Our feed relays and the feeds are not experiencing any problems or issues at this time.