Broadcastify for LAPD Olympic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Goto Broadcastify and find the audio feed that is down and report to the owner of this feed and see what is going on. Maybe he can give you some insight on why his feed might be down. Good Luck

maxhawkins

Thank you for the reply.

I tried to contract the broadcaster on his forum profile but it seems I do not have permission. Is there anything else I can do?

Failing that, how much equipment do I need to buy to start my own broadcast?

KD2JFA

Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply.

I tried to contract the broadcaster on his forum profile but it seems I do not have permission. Is there anything else I can do?

Failing that, how much equipment do I need to buy to start my own broadcast?

Check out GuardianNet

All of the LAPD channels are free to listen to and follow, with clipping and history mode :)

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Check out GuardianNet

All of the LAPD channels are free to listen to and follow, with clipping and history mode :)
Went to the link you posted, signed up, clicked the areas I wanted, but no scanner audio coming through...any ideas if there is one more setting I need?

KD2JFA

Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Yep. Sign in (or Not), click the local type up top, then from the drop downs select the area and channels, youll see the "clips" be listed on the left with a spectrogram, click them and theyll start playing. :)

KD2JFA

Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Did all that...checked speakers with Broadcastify.com, but still not working...

View attachment 70313
For some reason its saying your attachment is unavailable. Not sure how to help you there unfortunately. I know its working as we've got around 30 people actively using it currently :)

If you can get the attachment working Id be more than happy to help you troubleshoot further.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
For some reason its saying your attachment is unavailable. Not sure how to help you there unfortunately. I know its working as we've got around 30 people actively using it currently :)

If you can get the attachment working Id be more than happy to help you troubleshoot further.

Here it is... I also checked on my daughter's computer and no audio...maybe I am missing something...should I be hearing the audio from each "channel" I selected via the area on the left side (the part that looks like a bandscope)? Or, like a scanner, should I hear the radio traffic "live" as it is happening? I am not hearing anything, regardless of what it is supposed to do.

Attachments

• GuardianNet.png
    GuardianNet.png
    153.9 KB · Views: 21

KD2JFA

Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Here it is... I also checked on my daughter's computer and no audio...maybe I am missing something...should I be hearing the audio from each "channel" I selected via the area on the left side (the part that looks like a bandscope)? Or, like a scanner, should I hear the radio traffic "live" as it is happening? I am not hearing anything, regardless of what it is supposed to do.
Do me a favor, on the left portion of the screen where the spectrograms and clips are, click on any one of them once and see if a pause icon or Play icon appears and you should get audio then. Apologies, it doesnt automatically start playing you need to click it to start, and then itll play the clips in order as they are received but it does need the initial start.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Do me a favor, on the left portion of the screen where the spectrograms and clips are, click on any one of them once and see if a pause icon or Play icon appears and you should get audio then. Apologies, it doesnt automatically start playing you need to click it to start, and then itll play the clips in order as they are received but it does need the initial start.

I have done that and it is silent. I click and can alternate between play and pause, but no audio. If you PM me a email address, I can video record what is happening and email you the video so you can see and "not hear" for yourself it that helps at all..

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
I have done that and it is silent. I click and can alternate between play and pause, but no audio. If you PM me a email address, I can video record what is happening and email you the video so you can see and "not hear" for yourself it that helps at all..

So... the website works from Google Chrome but not Firefox. I will use Google Chrome! Thank you!!!!

KD2JFA

Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
So... the website works from Google Chrome but not Firefox. I will use Google Chrome! Thank you!!!!

Ill pass this along, Ive just always used chrome and didnt think about other browsers! Thanks and glad it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.