Broadcastify Questions and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
If I have my feed running can I also listen and videos on the computer or will that interrupt my feed ?

Thanks and Happy Scanning

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Transition

Any news or updates on the transition? How are things going? As always, keep up the excellent work!

luke-1

I received an upgrade notification a few days ago for my feed (Aurora).
I did the upgrade, everything seems to be fine, however I noticed that it has been going down at night for about 2 hours or so. Are you guys working on the system at these times? I was just curious if this is something I need to address.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
...however I noticed that it has been going down at night for about 2 hours or so. Are you guys working on the system at these times? I was just curious if this is something I need to address.

We haven't been performing any maintenance on the audio servers recently (or in quite a while), they've been up and running for quite some time with no issues.

mikev

can i stream with Butt butt - broadcast using this tool
and when does the 'coming soon' tag on my stream go away?

With a recent update, Butt now supports the lower bitrate required by this site to stream a feed. Recommended settings are 16Kbps bitrate and 22050 Hz sample rate for a single channel (mono) feed. More info in the thread linked below and in the Wiki. I'm using two simultaneous instances of Butt on my Windows computer to provide feeds to this site and Weather Underground.

http://forums.radioreference.com/li...aming-software-butt-broadcast-using-tool.html

I believe the "Coming Soon" tag is removed as soon as your streaming program makes its first connection to the streaming server.

Last edited:

melbournefan

With a recent update, Butt now supports the lower bitrate required by this site to stream a feed. Recommended settings are 16Kbps bitrate and 22050 Hz sample rate for a single channel (mono) feed. More info in the thread linked below and in the Wiki. I'm using two simultaneous instances of Butt on my Windows computer to provide feeds to this site and Weather Underground.

http://forums.radioreference.com/li...aming-software-butt-broadcast-using-tool.html

I believe the "Coming Soon" tag is removed as soon as your streaming program makes its first connection to the streaming server.

NFR85

I'm sure alot of people are aware of whats going on in Louisville. My questions is how does Broadcasify keep up with 58k+ people listening? I know there was sluggish in the past not sure if it was increased to allow more listeners.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
The 58,000 listeners are spread across 4 Icecast audio servers which are very good at handling lots of listeners very efficiently. We had around 80,000+ listeners back when the Boston Marathon suspects were located/chased.

tuberadiogeek

The feed is back up after the error. Apparently it even affected mobile devices. I have an app called 5-0 radio on my iPhone and that wouldnt even work.

Status
Not open for further replies.