Broadcastify Questions and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
And it's all a hoax. I spoke to a state police contact of mine and he couldn't stop laughing. I sent Admin an email.

I seriously doubt the feed provider had anything at all to do with the posters that were posted around town, especially since they made no mention of his feed.

If you're referring to the alert that was associated with his feed, I added that around 9pm ET after I figured out why so many people were listening since I figured others were also wondering. At the point when I added the alert the feed already had around 60k listeners.

dw2872

Yes it appears those listeners were ligitimate curious listeners and the feed provider should reap the rewards of having a feed available for them.

If not for that feed, listeners across the nation, and even the world, would not be able to determine for themselves if these rumors started by a teenager were true or not.

rbailey154

Feed Provider
I have a tech question i am a new feed provider and in no way am I an IT guy. how do i eliminate the Humm in my radio feed. I am using the exact equipment recommended by broadcastify in the setup forums.

richtidd

Database Admin

ConservBarbie

Premium Subscriber
Phoenix Police Live Audio Feed

I'm a new user, and scanner owner. I'm in over my head right now, but attempting to learn. It would be handy if Broadcastify told everyone what System, Group or channel they were broadcasting. This would be ESPECIALLY helpful for people trying to get in the know.

RoBko

Where do we stand on the process? It has been a while since this kicked off and I am curious to know when memberships will be available on the new site.

Aero125

Is it a violation of TOS for the LAPD SWAT Tactical channel to be broadcast live during a sensitive tactical operation? This was in the scanlist of a few dispatch channels, but Clearly NOT dispatch.. LAPD Metro Tac Channel 66 to be exact. Following is the name of the Broadcastify channel:

"LAPD Aero and Special Unit Dispatch / Hot Shots/Code 3" is the name of the feed under LA County.

I understand the proper TOS of not putting Tactical channels on the feeds, and our newsroom was shocked to hear this coming through on an iPhone app.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Is it a violation of TOS for the LAPD SWAT Tactical channel to be broadcast live during a sensitive tactical operation? This was in the scanlist of a few dispatch channels, but Clearly NOT dispatch.. LAPD Metro Tac Channel 66 to be exact. Following is the name of the Broadcastify channel:

"LAPD Aero and Special Unit Dispatch / Hot Shots/Code 3" is the name of the feed under LA County.

I understand the proper TOS of not putting Tactical channels on the feeds, and our newsroom was shocked to hear this coming through on an iPhone app.

If you don't like it stop listening to it rather then being a narc and reporting it.

Uplink

If you don't like it stop listening to it rather then being a narc and reporting it.

Amen. If they are not stalking, they are sending in complaints, some of these kids even claim to be cops when they send in reports, it's no wonder people tire of being broadcasters.

Last edited:

flight0001

Premium Subscriber
Premium

Radio reference 30$ a year. Broadcasting app 1.99

Are these the same? What is the difference?

Kingscup

Feed Provider
The $30 subscription allows you to download frequencies directly into your scanner if your scanner has that option so you don't manually have to to it yourself. The frequencies are the ones from the database here on RR. I believe it also allows you to listen to archived radio traffic on Broadcastify. The archives go back 6 months. There could be other small things that come with the subscription that I don't know about but those 2 things are the main things.

The app allows you to listen to feeds from Broadcastify. Some apps are free and some cost a few bucks. Listening to the feeds are free (except for the archived feeds).

davfin007

Premium Subscriber
With all public service police channels now totally encrypted in St Louis County Missouri, how can we hear three of these departments on the live audio feed? Don't get me wrong as I'm very grateful to be able to here them - I just can't figure out how it's done! Thanks for your time in addressing this.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
With all public service police channels now totally encrypted in St Louis County Missouri, how can we hear three of these departments on the live audio feed? Don't get me wrong as I'm very grateful to be able to here them - I just can't figure out how it's done! Thanks for your time in addressing this.

It's no longer possible to monitor the encrypted agencies-via scanner or live feed. It's not technically possible.

Aero125

Is it proper for a feed provider to keep their feed "Online" even though there is no feed/no audio coming through since the department switched frequencies and the provider isn't able follow the change? Shouldn't it be changed to "Offline" as to not mislead people?

richtidd

Database Admin
Is it proper for a feed provider to keep their feed "Online" even though there is no feed/no audio coming through since the department switched frequencies and the provider isn't able follow the change? Shouldn't it be changed to "Offline" as to not mislead people?

They have to stop their feed for it to be offline.

We can't do anything if we do not know what the feed is.

Aero125

Thank you for the reply. The feed was taken offline and I am trying to help him get the revised frequency information to get back online.

Status
Not open for further replies.