Broadcastify with SDS100?

jfr

Feed Provider
Is there a way to utilize an SDS100 for feeding a stream OTHER than the headphone jack? Do those two USB ports carry audio in any way? Tired of crappy headphone jack audio!
I know my SDS200 streams over LAN, but I'm not wasting that scanner on a two-channel town feed.
Thanks!
-JR

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
Invest in a good used 996P2 or other scanner that fits your needs that has a record out jack.
As long as you don't have a digital simulcast problem that should work for you.
I feel your pain with the bad audio from the headphone jack. Hard to hear even going through AUX input on the car radio.

seagravebuff60

Feed Provider
Tired of crappy headphone jack audio!
What headphone jack is it plugged into? Try the back headphone/speaker jack, as the audio is much better than the front. But when it is plugged into the back port, you will have to adjust the audio with the front knob. I find that between 15 and 20 is the sweet spot.

I have all my headphone jacks plugged into the back of the scanner. I had some friends that plugged it into the front jack and complain about the audio, when i advised them to change it to the back port the said the audio was much better.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
What headphone jack is it plugged into? Try the back headphone/speaker jack, as the audio is much better than the front. But when it is plugged into the back port, you will have to adjust the audio with the front knob. I find that between 15 and 20 is the sweet spot.

I have all my headphone jacks plugged into the back of the scanner. I had some friends that plugged it into the front jack and complain about the audio, when i advised them to change it to the back port the said the audio was much better.
There is only one audio-out jack on an SDS100, and it is on top of unit.