Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvatorejrc

I want to broadcast a frequency on Broadcastify, although, I want to get the cheapest scanner possible to do it, being that I already have an expensive scanner for personal use. The frequency I want to broadcast is on p25. Any scanner suggestions?

I_am_Alpha1

Not enough information has been provided for an accurate answer. You wrote that you want to broadcastify a FREQUENCY from a P25 trunking system--makes no sense to me...perhaps you meant a specific TALKGROUP. You didn't state what system--if you are referring to the Morris County NJ system (based on your listed location), it's a simulcast system and an older/cheap scanner may not give you desirable results. If you actually wish to broadcastify a specific frequency, then anything capable of decoding the signal MAY work...but to follow a TALKGROUP, no. The cheapest option would be a Motorola XTS5000 from E-Bay for under $100 with a battery eliminator for around $15. You need someone that knows what they are doing to program it correctly for Non-Affiliated scan or you will end up transmitting...thereby not passing go, not collecting $200, and go directly to jail (rolling doubles won't get you out). You asked for cheapest, not easiest. Barring that, 436, 536, SDS100, SDS200 are your choices from Uniden...none of which are cheap. Read up on similcast systems...some have luck with older scanners--most don't. I recently sold my 436 and 536 and bought the SDS100 & 200 because of simulcast.

If you are asking about the Statewide system, you need to find out if the desired talkgroup is phase 1 or phase 2. Motorola XTS5000 will only work for phase 1.

Salvatorejrc

Not enough information has been provided for an accurate answer. You wrote that you want to broadcastify a FREQUENCY from a P25 trunking system--makes no sense to me...perhaps you meant a specific TALKGROUP. You didn't state what system--if you are referring to the Morris County NJ system (based on your listed location), it's a simulcast system and an older/cheap scanner may not give you desirable results. If you actually wish to broadcastify a specific frequency, then anything capable of decoding the signal MAY work...but to follow a TALKGROUP, no. The cheapest option would be a Motorola XTS5000 from E-Bay for under $100 with a battery eliminator for around $15. You need someone that knows what they are doing to program it correctly for Non-Affiliated scan or you will end up transmitting...thereby not passing go, not collecting $200, and go directly to jail (rolling doubles won't get you out). You asked for cheapest, not easiest. Barring that, 436, 536, SDS100, SDS200 are your choices from Uniden...none of which are cheap. Read up on similcast systems...some have luck with older scanners--most don't. I recently sold my 436 and 536 and bought the SDS100 & 200 because of simulcast.

If you are asking about the Statewide system, you need to find out if the desired talkgroup is phase 1 or phase 2. Motorola XTS5000 will only work for phase 1.
Yeah I most likely screwed some terms around, my apologies, I am still learning. I'm pretty sure it is conventional though.

I_am_Alpha1

What you are wishing to accomplish is not black ops, classified, secret squirrel stuff. Just state what it is you want to do with details. P25 is digital, not conventional--I'm still not getting what your are trying to do. Any scanner will work for conventional FM.

For example: I want to broadcastify talkgroup 1234 on the Morris County NJ simulcast P25 Phase 1 system. Or, I want to monitor frequency 123.45 FM located in Sometown, NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.