Broadcasting with NX-300

Status
Not open for further replies.

winikeh

I am using a spare NX-300 with a KMC-41 lapel mic to broadcast a feed. For some reason when it is connected to my mic input it produces popping static in the background. If I plug a speaker or headphone directly into the KMC-41 there is no static. Any suggestions for eliminating that for a clean transmission?

richtidd

Database Admin
I am using a spare NX-300 with a KMC-41 lapel mic to broadcast a feed. For some reason when it is connected to my mic input it produces popping static in the background. If I plug a speaker or headphone directly into the KMC-41 there is no static. Any suggestions for eliminating that for a clean transmission?

Are you saying that you are using a Samsung NX-300 camera & a lapel mic to broadcast as feed?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø

I'm unclear how you are getting audio out of the radio and into your PC? Can you explain that?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

Probably want to go to line in not mic in as well as isolating them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

winikeh

richtidd -- My assumption here on a RadioReference forum is that people recognize radio models, such as the Kenwood NX-300.

kayn1n32008, mmckenna -- you have it correct. I am running a 3,5mm patch from the earphone jack to the mic input on the PC. The PC I am currently testing the stream on is a laptop and does not have a line in.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I suspect the level of the audio coming out of the earphone jack on the speaker mic is too high for the mic input on the laptop. Turning down the radio volume probably isn't going to solve this. Using an audio pad probably would. You'd need to drop it from line level audio to mic level audio. Not sure if Radio Shack or the like would have a pre-made item to do this. You might need to do some web searching.

winikeh

It is important to note that this issue only occurs with the applications for streaming. Even another sound recorder, like the built-in Windows one, produces no noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.