Broken antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcd396t

Hello to all an to all a good night have a 396xt an my antenna snaped off so I am trying to locate the part number of the piece I need to replace which is the threaded part the antenna threads onto which will need to be solderd on if anyone can help me find this part or part number it would be great thanks an merry Christmas.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
SMA Antenna Connector

Sorry for your mishap. I would suggest sending the radio back to Uniden. The have a flat rate and are pretty fast. I killed the RF amp in my 396T by having it too close to a VHF transmitter. It came back good as new with the latest firmware and a new display window. Replacing the SMA connector will involve some surface mount soldering inside the radio. The connector may be custom made for Uniden. Best to not mess with it. Plus, you'll get your radio tuned up.

bear780ks

This is probably what your referring to:

The link shows the 396 with the SMA broken off I'm assuming as in your case on the second shows how to get to the area and what you'd have to unloosen and unsolder to remove and then replace, To me the best thing to do is send it in to Uniden but I wanted you to see the Links so you can get a better perspective of how it's set up..

Bear..

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/255008-need-opinions-possible-bcd396xt-repair.html

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...need-opinions-possible-bcd396xt-repair-2.html <> scroll down to No. 22 to see pictures..

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Also this is why it is better to use the BNC adapter which locks up the SMA connector with the radio case. I have carried a 396T or 396XT on my belt everyday since 2006 and have dropped or bumped the antenna countless times with no problems. The BNCs actually have a little "give" to them, and the antenna would be more likely to break rather than the radio hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.