SDS100/SDS200: Broken battery door clip due to large battery tightness

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcool101

Feed Provider
So I got the radio back put the big battery in and........ Wait........They sent me another small battery door.....WTF....No wonder I drink.......REALLY?...Did I have to specify what size cover to send me?.....BIG ONE

rcool101

Feed Provider
I now have 3 covers. A big one that's too tight and 2 small ones. Now I need another big one......

cover.jpg

Last edited:

rcool101

Feed Provider
Boy did I.... LOL.......Just ordered a "Big Cover"...12.80 free shipping. Tired of playing games... I really need 4 covers anyway. ..Things like this keep me from buying the SDS200...I got covers and I don't need a HUM

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I got my SDS100 back a few weeks ago for the battery clip repair. I picked up the scanner tonight and the clip was broke again. Dang what can we do to get this corrected.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Wonder what they'd say if they knew we lived pretty close to each other. I posted above that it must be the air. I lost count Tom

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
On the second link (udn.FactoryOutletStore.com) it's in stock. So, I ordered it and I received it. It was easy to put it in my scanner but it seems that the latch is too short and doesn't work. So it seems Uniden was correct that you can't buy the part...I'm really hoping I'm going be able to avoid a nearly $80 repair + $10 shipping for a $10 part at SOME point! I would totally send it in if it wasn't as easy as it was to replace.
Did the super glue work? I had some around I can't find it now :( The links above did the door latch work with the sds100?

kikito

Premium Subscriber
I found the perfect solution for these broken battery latches and I couldn’t be happier. And that was to have my daughter 3D-printed one for me in the color of my choice, which was green in this case, for just a few bucks, much cheaper than even Uniden.

Attachments

• BD481F89-DE34-48DC-B0F4-3DE0699FDB3E.jpeg
    BD481F89-DE34-48DC-B0F4-3DE0699FDB3E.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 76

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
I found the perfect solution for these broken battery latches and I couldn’t be happier. And that was to have my daughter 3D-printed one for me in the color of my choice, which was green in this case, for just a few bucks, much cheaper than even Uniden.
Nice! Maybe your daughter could upload the design to Shapeways.com (or similar) and sell it for a few bucks over cost. Customers could even choose to have it made in metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.