BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Broken USB Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Recently the plastic connection inside the USB port on my BCD436HP split and one the pins (the bottom) bin crushed down and has rendered my USB port basically unusable. Is this something Uniden can repair or something I may have to try to find a repair shop to fix? I can't get ahold of Uniden support as none of the links work on the customer service section of their website.

Also, does anyone know how to program the radio using just the SD card in an SD card reader in the meantime?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Also, does anyone know how to program the radio using just the SD card in an SD card reader in the meantime?

If the card you are writing to has already been used in the scanner..... Program the card in a card reader exactly the same as if it were in the scanner... Sentinel will find the card the same as if it was in the scanner's mass storage mode as long as it's not a blank card.

If you want to..... You can also use a new, blank, (formatted) card for a spare, just use Sentinel's "clear user data" first and check the box that says "display all drives" to show the blank card. Once that process finishes, then you can write from Sentinel to the card. NOTE: - A new card prepared in Sentinel this way that hasn't been used in the scanner yet will be labeled in Sentinel as "Uniden Unknown (ESN:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX) until the scanner boots up with that card in it, then the scanner will write the proper info there when it boots up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.