Brook Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I keep seeing the reference that the city belongs to the Parma Regional Dispatch center. I don't see them on the Parma system and do see them on GCRCN. Are they actually being dispatched by the Parma people? I did see different 18xxxxx series RIDs being used for dispatch for a while.Anyone know?

Chronic

Greater Cleveland Radio Communications Network

Brook Park Talkgroups

DEC

HEX

Mode

Alpha Tag

Description

Tag

56287 dbdf D BrkPrk FG 1 Fireground 1 Fire-Tac
56295 dbe7 D BrkPrk FG 2 Fireground 2 Fire-Tac
56308 dbf4 D BrkPk PD TC1 Police Tac-1 Law Tac
56316 dbfc E BrkPk PD TC2 Police Tac-2 Law Tac
56358 dc26 D BrkPk PropMg Property Maintenance Public Works
56360 dc28 D BrkPk City Citywide calling Multi-Talk
56361 dc29 D BrkPk RecCtr Recreation Center Public Works
56363 dc2b D BrkPk Svc Service Dept Public Works
56367 dc2f D BrkPk FD Dsp Fire Dispatch Fire Dispatch
56377 dc39 D BrkPk PD Dsp Police Dispatch Law Dispatch

budevans

I keep seeing the reference that the city belongs to the Parma Regional Dispatch center. I don't see them on the Parma system and do see them on GCRCN. Are they actually being dispatched by the Parma people? I did see different 18xxxxx series RIDs being used for dispatch for a while.Anyone know?

Brook Park is on the GCRCN system. They used to be on the SWRCN system and have never been on the Parma System.

FYI: Parma Hts. and Brooklyn both started out on the Parma system. After a short period, they both decided to move to the GCRCN system. But... do to an earlier political agreement regarding 911 and Regional Dispatching, they were forced back to Parma for dispatching. So now what happens is, Parma Hts. and Brooklyn get dispatched by Parma (regional dispatch), they then move to their TAC, TALK or Fire Ground TG's on the GCRCN system.

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that one of the dispatchers for Brook Park sounds a lot like one of the Parma Dispatchers.
Maybe he works for two different dispatch centers.

SCPD

QRT
Yes I know that. My question is why the reference to Brook Park belonging to the Parma Regional Dispatch center.

Brook Park Talkgroups

DEC

HEX

Mode

Alpha Tag

Description

Tag

56287 dbdf D BrkPrk FG 1 Fireground 1 Fire-Tac
56295 dbe7 D BrkPrk FG 2 Fireground 2 Fire-Tac
56308 dbf4 D BrkPk PD TC1 Police Tac-1 Law Tac
56316 dbfc E BrkPk PD TC2 Police Tac-2 Law Tac
56358 dc26 D BrkPk PropMg Property Maintenance Public Works
56360 dc28 D BrkPk City Citywide calling Multi-Talk
56361 dc29 D BrkPk RecCtr Recreation Center Public Works
56363 dc2b D BrkPk Svc Service Dept Public Works
56367 dc2f D BrkPk FD Dsp Fire Dispatch Fire Dispatch
56377 dc39 D BrkPk PD Dsp Police Dispatch Law Dispatch

SCPD

QRT
And Bud yes I know that. Back in the day I actually was a radio tech for Brook Park and a Communications Official for the city. That was a LONG time ago. I just don't know if the city actually being on GCRCN and is dispatched by Parma.

Brook Park is on the GCRCN system. They used to be on the SWRCN system and have never been on the Parma System.

FYI: Parma Hts. and Brooklyn both started out on the Parma system. After a short period, they both decided to move to the GCRCN system. But... do to an earlier political agreement regarding 911 and Regional Dispatching, they were forced back to Parma for dispatching. So now what happens is, Parma Hts. and Brooklyn get dispatched by Parma (regional dispatch), they then move to their TAC, TALK or Fire Ground TG's on the GCRCN system.

budevans

And Bud yes I know that. Back in the day I actually was a radio tech for Brook Park and a Communications Official for the city. That was a LONG time ago. I just don't know if the city actually being on GCRCN and is dispatched by Parma.

They are not dispatched by Parma. Parma will not do dispatch to other systems.

Brook Park's dispatching happens on the GCRCN system. I don't know if they are dispatching themselves or if they are part of SWEDC (the regional dispatch hosted by Strongsville). Brook Park has multiple TG's on the GCRCN system.

Just curious, you mentioned in your first post that you keep seeing references to Brook Park being dispatched by Parma. Where are you seeing those references?

budevans

Burrhead54,

I did a quick Google search and to my surprise, I found a couple of articles from Cleveland.Com that as you said referenced Brook Park with the Parma Regional Dispatch Center.

I monitor Parma as well as GCRCN and MARCS-IP. I haven't heard any Brook Park dispatches on Parma's system.

I'm going to setup one scanner to monitor Parma, looking for Brook Park dispatches and another to monitor GCRCN for Brook Park dispatches. I'll be looking for the dispatch's RID's. that should ID who's doing the dispatching.

Status
Not open for further replies.