Broome County P25 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcorwin822

Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone! Does anyone have any information on the upcoming P25 Build for Broome County's emergency services?

dcorwin822

Premium Subscriber
From their facebook account:

"Foundation work is underway at the first of six new radio towers being built this summer. This is a joint effort by Broome County and the Town of Vestal and is the first step in building infrastructure for a new public safety radio system in Broome County. Six new 195' towers will be erected along with six new radio equipment shelters and backup generators. Upgrades to the microwave system are in the works as well as a new county-wide simulcast paging system." (insert a bunch of pics of people pouring a tower foundation.)

"Broome County has obtained licensing on several public safety frequencies in the UHF band for growth to a new P25 digital trunked system. Paging will be simulcast on VHF high band."

https://www.facebook.com/BCOES/

rbm

Thanks for the update.

I have one scanner that logs every frequency assigned to Broome County by the FCC. (except for those I've identified)
I do an FCC search every few months for any new assignments.

I'll now have to start paying closer attention to the log files for any new activity.

Rich

Edit:
Prior to the recent installation of their new Acom systems, Broome County 9-1-1 had been using a non-Zetron dispatch system in their main center.
The backup center was equipped with only computer-aided dispatch (CAD) and phone; they had no backup for radio dispatching. Thus, the recent project’s original goal was to add radio dispatch to the backup center.

They also wanted a console that would work with their existing two-way radio infrastructure as well the Project 25 (P25) trunked radio system they planned to implement in the near future.

http://www.zetron.com/Portals/0/PDFs/case_studies/2016/005-7708.pdf

This is what the original analysis in August 2012 called for:
But, that almost certainly will be different than the actual implementation.

From: http://www.gobroomecounty.com/files/e911/radio/3 Broome County operational enhancement analysis.pdf

Last edited:

rbm

And law enforcement will be encrypted

It's not clear that ALL law enforcement will be encrypted.
Most certainly the TAC channels would be.

There was a time that I was in law enforcement and we used to get help from the public at times.
Normal dispatch channels won't risk much as long as proper radio etiquette is followed.

D

DaveNF2G

Seriously? Most of the time I think you post just to get your post count up.

Insults are not welcome or required. Why did you post?

The information given in the OP, about a system that is just starting to be built, was complete. There would be nothing more to report because there are no licenses or active transmitters yet.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
The information given in the OP, about a system that is just starting to be built, was complete. There would be nothing more to report because there are no licenses or active transmitters yet.

Well if someone went to committee meetings, or was involved in the planning, or works at a radio shop, etc etc then there might be more to share. Just because it isn't on the air doesn't mean there would be no info.

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
Well if someone went to committee meetings, or was involved in the planning, or works at a radio shop, etc etc then there might be more to share. Just because it isn't on the air doesn't mean there would be no info.

Exactly... So continuing on, does anyone know who they are using for a vendor? (Yes, I realize it's possible they have not chosen a vendor yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.