Broward County P25 (997.BEE00)

Gmork

Question for the group. The current listing for Broward Fire adds the word "Sheriff":

Broward Sheriff Fire-Rescue
and
Broward Sheriff Fire-Rescue Common

is the word "Sheriff" really in their department name?

doug

It is, it's silly and the sheriff at that time (Ken Jenne) later went to federal prison for tax evasion.

So that's cool. I never really understood it.

all4gaines

Between the TRX-1 and SDS not being reliable for picking up simulcast, I had to take my chance and swap to a Unication G5. Since I did, I don't miss a thing. Simulcast comes in clear as day. I can pick up all agencies throughout Broward County now with no issues.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Between the TRX-1 and SDS not being reliable for picking up simulcast, I had to take my chance and swap to a Unication G5. Since I did, I don't miss a thing. Simulcast comes in clear as day. I can pick up all agencies throughout Broward County now with no issues.

Do they sound like Charlie Brown's teacher even on the Unication?

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
tg 10010 - Aventura-BSO interop; same as talkgroup 4048 on the old Project 16 system. They had an incident at Aventura Mall this afternoon and some units from BSO Districts 1 and 2 were communicating with Aventura PD on 10010, so I'm gonna call that confirmed.

This also lines up with 10011 as Dade-BSO interop.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Upon further review, it seems that the Official(TM) RadRef database lists 10010 as Dade interop, but I'm pretty sure that 10010 is Aventura and 10011 is Dade based on radio checks that I've heard on there. But I don't want to start World War III by submitting unverified info to the database; you be the judge.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Future changes for northern Broward County....

fireplan.pdf (coconutcreeknews.net)

"Introduction

Coconut Creek is in the process of establishing a Coconut Creek Fire Rescue Department to be fully operational by October 1, 2021. In addition, the City is in the process of transitioning Police and Fire Dispatch services from the Broward Sheriff’s Office to the City of Coral Springs."

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
More total waste of money and resources. Consolidation for Fire/Rescue has long been the way to go. LA County CA, Jacksonville FL, DFW area, etc. started decades ago. Miami-Dade has done it right with consolidation. MDFR contracting services with 41 different cities, as Broward goes backward in time with duplication of services and waste. But hey scanner listening all in the clear. :)

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
12062 - lots a test counts toward the end of the business day today; sounded like radio shop getting something ready.

By my calculations this would be a law enforcement D13 tac 2 channel if the established pattern holds, but there's nowhere near enough evidence to know what it will be used for.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I have heard that Hollywood PD is coming over soon. I have logged testing on 12060. My guess would be 12060 for PD East and 12061 for PD West. And, following this logic, 12062 would be one of their tac channels.