Broward County site 1 now rebanded

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
For the listeners in Broward County: Site 1 has apparently rebanded. The new control channel is currently 855.6625. Other possible control channels are 855.5625, 857.1875, and 858.9875.

This is the first thing you should check if your scanner seemingly stops working; make sure the new control channels are programmed into your scanner.

The old control channels were 860.2375; 860.4875; 860.7375; and 860.9875.

Richard

Premium Subscriber
Good work. Control channel was 855.6625, now switched to 855.5625. Thanks for the update!

puerto0711

Premium Subscriber
For the listeners in Broward County: Site 1 has apparently rebanded. The new control channel is currently 855.6625. Other possible control channels are 855.5625, 857.1875, and 858.9875.

This is the first thing you should check if your scanner seemingly stops working; make sure the new control channels are programmed into your scanner.

The old control channels were 860.2375; 860.4875; 860.7375; and 860.9875.

I am a currently subcriber and I update my scanner software with RR but my radio still silence do I have to program my scanner mannualy?????

DickH

I am a currently subcriber and I update my scanner software with RR but my radio still silence do I have to program my scanner mannualy?????

The RR database seems to have been updated. The control channels listed are:

Skyforce

Premium Subscriber
A question...

Folks, I just entered the updated frequencies (including the control channels) in one of the scanners here at the airport. It is a Uniden BC785D. I am hearing transmissions but am not see seeing ID tags or talk groups. They are programmed in the scanner as I can manually access them. The scanner does have an Apco-25 chip installed. Any suggestions? Thanks, SF

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Folks, I just entered the updated frequencies (including the control channels) in one of the scanners here at the airport. It is a Uniden BC785D. I am hearing transmissions but am not see seeing ID tags or talk groups. They are programmed in the scanner as I can manually access them. The scanner does have an Apco-25 chip installed. Any suggestions? Thanks, SF

With this model scanner I believe you must enter the frequencies in the Trunking mode, otherwise you'll get the symptoms you have described.

Skyforce

Premium Subscriber
I misspoke about which scanner I was working on. It was a BC 250D handheld. I used the pdf manual and still could not get the unit to display TGID's. I then moved on to a BC 785D and loaded the new frequencies and it work like a champ. I then connected the two scanners using the supplied cable,the null modem connector and the gender changer and cloned the 250D. Now both are operating normally! Looks like operator error, yet I'm not sure what I was doing incorrectly. SF

ImFromTheGovt

I am pretty new to all of this, but I had my PRO-107 working until this re-band. Now, if I go to "BROWSE OBJECTS" and go to a specific talk group (Pembroke Pines PD Dispatch for example) it will show that it is RX a signal, but will not play the sound. When I PLAY from selected PLAYLISTS, I will do nothing and just scan and scan with no transmissions played.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Skyforce

Premium Subscriber
Broward rebanding update...

RR added 4 new frequencies in the last 2 days to the site 1 rebanding info. I noticed this when after updating the firmware on a BCD 996T, I checked the database and found 28 freqs instead of the previous 24.

RickS31

Hi fellow Floridians. Just moved back to the state after 5 years in Georgia. Had my PRO 106 fully programmed up there but now need to get it up to speed for Broward County. Thought I knew pretty much everything on this scanner but I guess three or four years of using and not doing any programming has rusted up the old screws.

I have Win500 and have tried several scenerios thru it. Went to manual after first checking the CC for signal, and effectiveness. Set cc to 655.6625 in Tsys, P25 auto and Tgrp to Wildcard. Should be getting something I figured but all silent. Scanning juist no talkgroup.

What'd I miss? and please, if I forgot something really obvious, be kind.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Hi fellow Floridians. Just moved back to the state after 5 years in Georgia. Had my PRO 106 fully programmed up there but now need to get it up to speed for Broward County. Thought I knew pretty much everything on this scanner but I guess three or four years of using and not doing any programming has rusted up the old screws.

I have Win500 and have tried several scenerios thru it. Went to manual after first checking the CC for signal, and effectiveness. Set cc to 655.6625 in Tsys, P25 auto and Tgrp to Wildcard. Should be getting something I figured but all silent. Scanning juist no talkgroup.

What'd I miss? and please, if I forgot something really obvious, be kind.

I'm not totally up to speed on Win500, it is not in the 600 MHz spectrum and it is not a P25 system.

RickS31

My bad. I mis-typed in the post. It is set at a cc OF 855.6625. Now, as to the P25, it did come up on the cc manual display as M36. I seem to remember it is different than P25 but as I said it's been a couple of years since I played with this.

It just came back. It's a Mot 800/900 system. Bingo, back in business.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.