Broward County

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfen1202

I live in Broward and can not seem to loacate broward sherrif -north transmissions. I have programmed bcd996p2 scanner with ps25 from rr thru freescan. Any ideas? Appreciate any assistance. I want to listen to Margate and Coconut Creek. What I got from rr and entered is not same as is coming from Broadcastify.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I use a BCD996P2 scanner to monitor Broward County P25 system for now, it works OK-ish if you accept the garbled audio. I'm in east Oakland Park so YMMV depending on where you are listening. I had to set the P25 Threshold manually to 8 so it doesn't try to hunt around and that seemed to help clean up the audio a bit.

Once I can knock off the first few hundred items from my important to-do list I'll start on setting up an SDR system to monitor that system for my Wild Feed.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Remove Coral Springs / Fort Lauderdale / Plantation. That is a different system. As Jim said, use Broward P25. Use ONLY Site 1, delete the other sites (backup and Alligator Alley). Once you are locked on that system and site only, post results.

wolfen1202

Remove Coral Springs / Fort Lauderdale / Plantation. That is a different system. As Jim said, use Broward P25. Use ONLY Site 1, delete the other sites (backup and Alligator Alley). Once you are locked on that system and site only, post results.
Results excellent. Am now receiving Margate. Thanks so much!

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Unless the scanners have the ability to differentiate the different system IDs, it makes no sense for RadRef to list them all in the same table like that. It's not helping things. This is not the first time such a problem has been reported here.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Unless the scanners have the ability to differentiate the different system IDs, it makes no sense for RadRef to list them all in the same table like that. It's not helping things. This is not the first time such a problem has been reported here.
Systems that share a core are listed together, such as Coral Springs/Plantation/Fort Lauderdale (544). That system has no bearing on the county system (997), and they are obviously both listed as separate systems in the RRDB. The three sites under the 544 systems are clearly labeled, as are the talkgroups categories. What exactly is this "problem" you're talking about? What are you referring to when you say they are 'all listed in the same table'?

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
I live in Broward and can not seem to loacate broward sherrif -north transmissions. I have programmed bcd996p2 scanner with ps25 from rr thru freescan. Any ideas? Appreciate any assistance. I want to listen to Margate and Coconut Creek. What I got from rr and entered is not same as is coming from Broadcastify.

please continue discussions about Broward in the master thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.