Broward/Palm Beach Co Phase II...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
I posted the control channel frequencies and the active talkgroups for fire and PD above. I'm sure there a lot a lot more talkgroups but I only grabbed a few while driving through.

So there's only 1 Control Channel frequency? You only posted 1 above and I thought there would be more than 1...

jafarm66

Are there going to repeaters so the P1 systems are heard county wide? I can't hear Plantation from my home in North Broward. I barely hear the Middle PD P-25 Dispatch channel (Central Ft Lauderdale I believe)

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
There is, in fact, activity on the old Project 16 Fort Lauderdale trunked system. I've heard activity since the switch on the surveyor's talkgroup and a few other local government city services talkgroups.

I have also heard the random police unit come up on the old analog talkgroups as if he hadn't gotten the word about the new channels. The main police P25 channels are in position "P" on their selectors with the Bravo tactical talkgroups one spot up from that which I suppose is "Oscar". So the current code plugs have both old and new talkgroups in them.

I'll hear what I can turn up in coming days.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
5265 FORT LAUDERDALE FIRE DISPATCH
5275 Fort Lauderdale fire tac B

5297 Fort Lauderdale police District 1
5298 Fort Lauderdale police District 2
5299 Fort Lauderdale police District 3

Last edited:

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
I'm running UniTrunker and I can confirm Ft Lauderdale is using a PHASE-2 system. Subsequently I was also able to obtain all the trunked frequencies as well. I've also found a few other TalkGroups that have yet to be identified, which I will try to decipher later...

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Well, then it's good to know that my 996T has silently been upgraded to decoding Phase-2 transmissions, because I've been listening to the new Fort Lauderdale system last night and today just fine.

I've created a Google Docs spreadsheet to share the wealth while I figure out which talkgroups are which. Feel free to update me with confirmed identities so I can add them.

Thanks.

RWL

Boynton Beach Public Safety

Recently lost the ability to monitor Boynton Beach Public Safety freqs... The local CC freq ID has changed from "SY813A" to "SY598". The other three entities (PBC Sheriff, Boca Raton and Delray Beach have not changed and I am still able to listen to their communications. I've been checking all sources I can find and nothing shows any changes to the listed frequencies for this system.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Well, then it's good to know that my 996T has silently been upgraded to decoding Phase-2 transmissions, because I've been listening to the new Fort Lauderdale system last night and today just fine.

I've created a Google Docs spreadsheet to share the wealth while I figure out which talkgroups are which. Feel free to update me with confirmed identities so I can add them.

Thanks.

See the photo attached... Where it says Channel Access: P2... That P2 stands for Phase-2 channels, correct???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 506

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber

Also, I have managed to find so far about 20 or so TalkGroups, many of which aren't listed by you or anyone else yet. Not sure who they belong to yet as I am not able to program and listen to the system right now. I have attached a photo of all the TalkGroups so you may update your list and investigate! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 449

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The system is Phase II. HOWEVER, Phase II systems can use both FDMA (what you are hearing now) talkgroups and TDMA (in which you need a "Phase II scanner"). Whether or not FTL switches to TDMA will only be told with time. Remember, if one FDMA radio affiliates to the talkgroup (such as a XTS or XTL), the talkgroup will be FDMA. It could very well be that they have not get equipped everyone with APX subscribers. So what is now may not necessarily be later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
RWL you can listen to Boynton on the county simulcast while their system is upgraded.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
I think I just figured something out... Like how the new Ft Laud and Plantation systems seem to be using Coral Springs' same system ID... What if Ft Laud and Plantation actually went into an agreement with Coral Springs, similar to what Delray and Boca and Boynton did with using PBC system ID? Cuz according to RadioReference, Coral Springs Site # is 7 and Ft Laud Site # is 8 but same system ID... I'm thinking Ft Laud is sharing Coral Springs system ID and stuff but just got a different trunking Site... Any input from anyone? Is this possible?? It would explain Ft Laud and Plantation having the same system ID and Springs, and having site 8 while Springs is Site 7....

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I only included the talkgroups on my spreadsheet that had more than 1 hit in Unitrunker. Plus, I only started running it on the new FtL system last night. The weekend has less activity. Starting tomorrow we should see the fire marshal and other public safety users to fill out the list.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
David...read my posts #8 and 17. It's all one big system. I'm sure they are sharing the came core just like Palm Beach County.

radioguru6613

I think I just figured something out... Like how the new Ft Laud and Plantation systems seem to be using Coral Springs' same system ID... What if Ft Laud and Plantation actually went into an agreement with Coral Springs, similar to what Delray and Boca and Boynton did with using PBC system ID? Cuz according to RadioReference, Coral Springs Site # is 7 and Ft Laud Site # is 8 but same system ID... I'm thinking Ft Laud is sharing Coral Springs system ID and stuff but just got a different trunking Site... Any input from anyone? Is this possible?? It would explain Ft Laud and Plantation having the same system ID and Springs, and having site 8 while Springs is Site 7....

Maybe that it's not their system, they're just users on someone else's system kinda like what DOD does for USAF has anyone figured out what sites 1 thru 6 are?

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
RadRef has most of the new Fort Lauderdale talkgroups as of this afternoon, so it looks like Ian has been busy.

Here are my latest finds from Unitrunker overnight and up to the minute, now updated in my Google Docs spreadsheet while we discover new talkgroups.

5259 – FtL Fire H, battalion chief chat (I infer ‘H’ because it sits between the numeric IDs for G and i, radio shop has been consistent)

5273 – Lifeguard 2, I saw some ocean rescue radios in the log talking on this one

5364 – FtL police records channel, when they don’t switch to Broward TTY central

5369 – a number of police radios affiliated with this talkgroup

5374 – FtL police Kilo channel, detectives intercom

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
They are sharing Browards core (for the third time).

The core is actually owned by Motorola Solutions. Broward, Coral Springs, Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, & Plantation all lease ports off of it.

http://www.broward.org/CommunicationsTechnology/Newsletters/Documents/February2013.pdf

The Hosted Maser Site agreement was executed in December 2011. Equipment was staged and tested in Motorola’s Headquarters in June 2012. The cutover to Motorola’s Hosted Master Site began on January 9, 2013,

Status
Not open for further replies.