Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Now that those all-important questions are answered, this just in:

5330 - Fort Lauderdale Police 2N, used for special ops, surveillance

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Can someone submit to the DB that FTL is Site DEC 8, Hex 8. It is incorrect in the DB. May also want to add the control channels I posted for site 9 Plantation since they should be coming online shortly. I'm working off the phone through Tapatalk unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Ok, so here is some updates with Boynton Beach's new P25 system:

Phase II
System ID: 598
RFSS: 1
Site: 9
WACN: BEE00

Control Channel: 856.8125
Alt Controls: 857.2875, 858.2875, 859.2875

Radio IDs are in the 73519xx for FIRE and 73521xx for PD.

Good news: It looks like they are using the same HEX for the TGID...so keep your eyes open and compare it to their old system 813A HEX and hopefully they will line up. They are also running FDMA for now.

1E5 / DEC 445 FIRE MAIN
1BD / DEC 445 PD MAIN

Now the bad news....PD is running ENCRYPTED....not 100% of the units (yet) but the console is.

I'm also going to bet that this is going to be the same system ID for the County since they are using the same core so it should probably be entered in the DB as such.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Ok, so here is some updates with Boynton Beach's new P25 system:

Phase II
System ID: 598
RFSS: 1
Site: 9
WACN: BEE00

Control Channel: 856.8125
Alt Controls: 857.2875, 858.2875, 859.2875

Radio IDs are in the 73519xx for FIRE and 73521xx for PD.

Good news: It looks like they are using the same HEX for the TGID...so keep your eyes open and compare it to their old system 813A HEX and hopefully they will line up. They are also running FDMA for now.

1E5 / DEC 445 FIRE MAIN
1BD / DEC 445 PD MAIN

Now the bad news....PD is running ENCRYPTED....not 100% of the units (yet) but the console is.

I'm also going to bet that this is going to be the same system ID for the County since they are using the same core so it should probably be entered in the DB as such.

Just a correction to your post: 1e5 / Fire Main / Dec-485...

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Can someone confirm the Fire Tacs for Boyton submitted to the database. The channels in the databse seem to hop around now from A1, A3, A2 instead of just following the old HEX where it went A1, A2, A3.

jafarm66

I have been monitoring Ft Lauderdale on both systems and the P25 system is definitely more active. I did hear the Analog TTY channel active for Ft Lauderdale a day or two ago but not since.

Dist 1 = North
Dist 2 = Central
Dist 3 = South

Confirmed 1 is North and 3 is South 2 is either West or Central not sure but I used the old analog convention for naming.

all4gaines

Using my BCD436HP and I have been monitoring Fort Lauderdale's both old Phase I and now P25, not getting any activity on either. Complete silence. Any ideas?

Last edited:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Location, antenna, LSM distortion, incorrect programming....need a little more info to help you out.

all4gaines

Signal-Zero, I just used Sentinel to download the frequencies and ID's onto my BCD436HP. I downloaded the Motorola Trunked frequencies which I have had all along until it stopped working. Then I downloaded the P25 frequencies, and they too are not working. I get nothing, just silence.

all4gaines

I am having a hard time attaching the photo. But I can tell you that I have the Fort Lauderdale P25 Trunk system in a tab by itself in the favorites list. If I go into my favorites and then into the Fort Lauderdale system, it shows me the talkgroups with their respected TGID's, if I go the frequencies it shows me the frequencies (851.2125, 851,2375, 851,6625, 852.1875, 852.2625, 852.6375, 853.2875, 853.3375, 853.5375, 853.5625, 853.7875, 853.9125).

all4gaines

From what it looks like, my house in Hollywood is out of range. If I literally go 4 blocks north I am able to hear Fort Lauderdale/Coral Springs on their P25 system

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
You may need to upgrade your antenna then. Try a Yagi pointed north...should help you pull the system in.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
The core is actually owned by Motorola Solutions. Broward, Coral Springs, Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, & Plantation all lease ports off of it.

http://www.broward.org/CommunicationsTechnology/Newsletters/Documents/February2013.pdf

The Hosted Maser Site agreement was executed in December 2011. Equipment was staged and tested in Motorola’s Headquarters in June 2012. The cutover to Motorola’s Hosted Master Site began on January 9, 2013,

So basically they are sharing the same towers and such as everyone else on the System, just the frequencies are different? Plantation and Coral Springs and Fort Lauderdale are miles apart, but you should be able to hear them anywhere in the county because they share the same towers being on the same System ID? I'm just trying to understand, for my own knowledge, the demographics of multiple agencies sharing a single System ID. Thanks sir! :)

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
So basically they are sharing the same towers and such as everyone else on the System, just the frequencies are different? Plantation and Coral Springs and Fort Lauderdale are miles apart, but you should be able to hear them anywhere in the county because they share the same towers being on the same System ID? I'm just trying to understand, for my own knowledge, the demographics of multiple agencies sharing a single System ID. Thanks sir! :)

It has nothing to do with "towers". It is the central computer core (Zone Controller) that processes all of the PTT's, Affiliations, etc.

radioguru6613

This is the way one of the Moto-Maniacs explained it to me, think of it this way, I'm Starbucks, you're the guy with the laptop that wants to use my free WiFi only in this case the WiFi isn't free, and Starbucks is Motorola.

Motorola shelled out the money to build a "Core" the guts of the system to help the user base to overcome the biggest problem, coming up with the millions of dollars needed to buy a core. In return the users (agencies) pay a lease fee to link to the core and as part of the agreement they have to make sure their site equipment is maintained and updated to spec. In other words, the software that runs on the core will eventually be upgraded, the "partners" will have to shell out cash to make sure their sites stay current so they will continue to work in line with the core.

Cores can handle tons of sites so 1 Core could technically have all the sites needed to run every agency in south Florida as part of 1 huge system. For now a few have joined the party and likely more will follow.

You're confusing sites and systems and users, each agency will bring something to the party, they have users and sites with frequencies, they are not the same for every agency as a user in Plantation doesn't need coverage on Ft Lauderdale beach so the Plantation frequencies belong to and are geographically located in their city, same for each other agency. They will all link to the core which keeps track of the PTT and knows what part of the system to fire up for that user to talk.

The only exception to this would be the county which would have their own sites and frequencies but over the entire geographic area of the county which is how the system worked up to now, the only change, instead of the users linking to the county core (which was badly out of date), the core is now owned and maintained by Motorola.

Hope this helps... Cheers Mate!

jafarm66

Plantation Police

Plantation Police are now Live on their P25 system they are using Phase 2 unlike Coral Springs and Fort Lauderdale.

The Plantation FD should go live this coming week

Check Radio Refererence for ther new control channels on the Broward P25 systen

radioguru6613

Plantation Police are now Live on their P25 system they are using Phase 2 unlike Coral Springs and Fort Lauderdale.

The Plantation FD should go live this coming week

Check Radio Refererence for ther new control channels on the Broward P25 systen

If they are using TDMA the database needs to be updated to the T designator and not the D designator so that it's obvious to anyone programming so they're aware a 996 will no longer cut it.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.