Browning BR-137

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Browning are Cheap Chinese Antennas. Basically knock-offs of others.

The antenna should work OK for what you want, but you can get a dedicated 700MHz antenna cheaper from a known good brand:

WOW, Now that is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks a ton!

W1AHN

BLACKTHORN
Premium Subscriber
Anyone have any luck with the Browning BR-137 with 700 systems? Amazon has it here and I am considering one as a base antenna to suck in 700 better. Any thoughts?
Greetings! I have a browning BR-137 Installed in the middle of my trunk lid with a NMO through-metal mount. 17' Of 1Ghz PROFLEX plugged into an ICOM 5100 and SDS-100. This antenna is an outstanding performer, especially here in NH where 1/4 waves always outperform physically and electrically longer antennas in such mountainous regions. No tuning, tested with a VNA after install and on air use for over 3 months, confirms the excellence of this design. I intend to compare it to the comparable PCTEL or LAIRD at some point but right now this antenna hears better than my 2 previous Diamond dual-banders; x-mit is always equal to and better than previous on all VHF & UHF amateur, MURS, GMRS, FRS, All public service.

Status
Not open for further replies.