Brunswick Co unknown frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpence

Hello

Just working with am AOR 8600 I purchased. I am monitoring a lot of activity on 866.550 going by Sea Com and what also sounds like law enforcement and maybe HP.. Could someone help me out with what I am monitoring on this frequency.

Thanks

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
That is one of the 5 frequencies in use at the Pea Landing VIPER site in Brunswick County.

VIPER is a trunked radio system which means you need to have a scanner capable of
following specific user groups called "Talkgroups" since a conversation can change to any of the 5 frequencies.

While the AOR 8600 is an awesome wideband receiver it cannot follow specific talkgroups.
This is why you will hear SHP Traffic one minute then perhaps EMS Traffic the next.

Marshall KE4ZNR

rpence

Thanks for the help Marshall

I looked for the tracking frequencies but looked over them somehow. Now that I know I can pick up the site hear near Holden Beach I will probably invest in a tracking scanner in the near future. I will probably be back for some programing help then.

Thanks again, Randy/N4JZY

oft

Premium Subscriber
Sea Comm can also have communications from the Brunswick County Sheriffs office.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Glad we could help you out and Welcome to RR.com! :)

I hope you are enjoying the AOR 8600. Beautiful Radio with great reviews.

Feel free to let us know what you think about it and how it performs in your area!

Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

oft

Premium Subscriber
Thanks oft

Randy/n4jzy

---

no problem.

I was new to trunk scanners this past summer and got lots of help from people (especially KE4ZNR ). I'm still learning (very slowly as time permits) but if I can correctly answer a question with confidence, I'll post to help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.