Brunswick County Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Hello

I am here on Vacation on Oak Island this week.

I have everything programmed in my Vhf & Uhf radios according to the database.

I also have all the correct channels and talkgroups programmed for Viper as well.

The only thing I have been able to receive is Fire/Ems dispatch on 155.520 Mhz. & 154.415 Mhz.

I was just curious to find out what law enforcement and Oak Island Police are operating on?

I have seen several Oak Island & Southport Police out on traffic stops and such.

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Thanks

David

Last edited:

kc4jgc

I was just in the area a couple weeks ago; had no trouble with Brunswick County. I believe I heard the Sheriff Dept on VIPER; since I had both VIPER TG's and conventional freqs programmed I cannot remember for sure. Sorry that's not much help; keep trying. Do you have the standard 800 MHz reband custom table programmed for VIPER?

SENCland

Premium Subscriber
Hello David, Welcome to the area.
All of Brunswick County is on VIPER. Oak Island units have 500 series ids, Southport 100 series, Both on BWICK LE N Talk group.. Both areas are spotty on coverage. I would look at the control channels you've programmed and see if you are able to receive them. You should have Supply and Bolivia towers programmed in. If you go into Southport, it wouldn't hurt to have Carolina Beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.