Brunswick Ohio Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryb44

Haven't been able to get Brunswick police on my scanner for a few weeks. Did the change their frequency? I've monitored them for years on 460.375. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

budevans

The closest MARCS tower to you is the Cuyahoga County, Strongsville tower which is located at:
194 Pearl Road, Brunswick, OH Medina County.

The Strongsville tower does double duty, covering the South Western part of Cuyahoga County and also the Northern part of Medina County. Here are the Control Channel frequencies for the Strongsville tower 774.78125, 773.83125, 774.28125, 774.53125.

The closest Medina tower is located in Seville.

FYI, I'm located in Cuyahoga County and I monitor Brunswick PD & FD.

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
Was anybody monitoring Brunswick Monday evening, 11/4? I only caught some of the radio traffic. It sounded like a major event happened or they were having an exercise. Radio spoke of Command Post and shooter. It was on the 460.375. Checked the local news outlets and nothing.

terryb44

I've been listening to Brunswick police for years on 460.375 but haven't been able to listen to them anymore because they apparently went to a new radio system(Marcs state digital system). I can't get them anymore.

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
I run both the MARCS and conventional on some that have just changed over. They have a tendency of still using the old for other things until the license expires. Non-recorded chatter.

MotorolaDave

Was anybody monitoring Brunswick Monday evening, 11/4? I only caught some of the radio traffic. It sounded like a major event happened or they were having an exercise. Radio spoke of Command Post and shooter. It was on the 460.375. Checked the local news outlets and nothing.

Brunswick Police and fire, along with other nearby communities,were doing an active threat response and rescue drill. This was held in the complex by the high school, Willetts middle school and the rec center. It was definitely some fun listening.

MotorolaDave

I noticed tonight that the Brunswick Hills car to car channel was using encryption. Not sure if this is something they went to full time on that TG, or if its user selectable.

budevans

Hi gang,

Bit a a newbie to this scanner. Is there a "how-to" somewhere on downloading sites and talkgroups?
Doh! - I should have mentioned the scanner is BCD536

In my opinion, your best bet is to do a search on YouTube. There are many tutorials on YouTube for programming the 436 & 536 Uniden scanners.

lowes1

Is it possible to put the Brunswick talkgroups into my Cuyahoga MARCS favorites list using Sentinel or is it better to do this manually? I tried using Sentinel for this yesterday but ended up getting stuck eliminating every non- Cuyahoga tower in the whole MARCS system from my Cuyahoga MARCS favorites list. Would it be better to make a Medina Favorites list and including the Seville and Cuyahoga towers? I am not looking forward to having to eliminate all of the towers that are out of range. I have SDS 100 and 200 scanners and I am located in Parma Heights. Any input would be appreciated.

budevans

Is it possible to put the Brunswick talkgroups into my Cuyahoga MARCS favorites list using Sentinel or is it better to do this manually? I tried using Sentinel for this yesterday but ended up getting stuck eliminating every non- Cuyahoga tower in the whole MARCS system from my Cuyahoga MARCS favorites list. Would it be better to make a Medina Favorites list and including the Seville and Cuyahoga towers? I am not looking forward to having to eliminate all of the towers that are out of range. I have SDS 100 and 200 scanners and I am located in Parma Heights. Any input would be appreciated.
The short answer is yes. But, per your post you are confusing downloading from the Database verses doing a manual entry.
Since you already have a Favorites List created, you can make changes and additions to any field by hand (manually) using Sentinel.

Open Sentinel - Select the Favorites List (click on it)
Go to the Menu Bar (top of the page) Click on Edit - Click on Edit Favorites Lists
A window will open, your Favorites List will be highlighted. Click on OK.
You will now be in the Favorites List Editor. Select the System - next Select the Department that you want to add the Talk Group to.
On the right side of the screen you should see the Channels/Talk Groups list. At the top to that section click on the red + (plus key). That will create a space at the bottom of the list for you to enter the Name, Talk Group#, Service Type and Alert Light.
After you have enter that information look to the top left side of the page and click on File - Save. Next Click on File (again) and now click on Exit.
Your screen will go back to the Sentinel Home screen. You're done. You can now connect your scanner and do a Write to Scanner. After the Write to Scanner finished, do the USB disconnect. Your scanner should reboot.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.