BT-C3100 Opus Charger

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I have this Opus charger and the cooling fan screeches when it turns on, can i treat this problem with some type of lubricant…..TY

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
There is a part number for the fan somewhere on the web that I dont have at the moment. In the past, I carefully removed the sticker on the back, blew it out with compressed air and then used a drop of corn oil (put sticker back) and got about 2 months. Second time around I used a drop of synthetic 5W20 and she is going strong and quiet for close to 8 months now.

edit

Last edited:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Ok tried to remove the fan to replace it but it's glued in by some white cement . I don't want to get into more trouble so I gave it a shot of WD40 and for now all is quiet,....Thanks for your help !

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
gave it a shot of WD40 and for now all is quiet,
Hope it was like just a drop. That's really all that's needed. I used a simple razor blade and was able to separate the glue without issue. Been a while since I was in mine but as long as you can get the sticker covering the shaft, that's really all that's needed.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Just to report the WD40 silenced the noisy fan back to normal, just hope it lasts, thanks to everyone for your help,…

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Just to report the WD40 silenced the noisy fan back to normal, just hope it lasts, thanks to everyone for your help,

like.gif