Buchanan County P-25 System power

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAA951

I was looking at the FCC Licenses for the new Buchanan County P-25 system. Normally I can quickly identify the transmitters (by the higher power RF) from the mobiles and interconnects- but, in this system I don't see anything over 35 watts.

What am I missing- all the trunked systems that I have looked at around Kansas and Kansas City seem to be using 100-150 watt transmitters (e.g. Shawnee County multi-site system has two 150 watt 15-freq transmitter sites).

Is this system going to sacrifice higher power for more transmitter sites?

n4voxgill

Silent Key
A review of the actual FCC license, http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=2737848 shows that they requested to use 25.7 watt transmitters with an ERP of 100 watts. This meets the criteria for NPSPAC frequencies.

I don't know how big Buchanan County is, but when the system is constructed and slow growth time period is over they must have 100 radios per frequency. So if they can come up with 500 radios it would jutify 5 channel system.

The older 851 to 860 frequencies did not have a limitation on power, but did have a loading requirement of 100 units per channel. The NPSPAC, 866 to 869 freqeuncies must be engineered and are very limited in power allowed and must meet the loading requirment.

Status
Not open for further replies.