buchanan county questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
ok, im a reserve officer in buchanan county. on our mobile car radio, the other officers' traffic is very broken and distant, sometimes we cannot even here other officers but know they are talking because dispatch reponds. dispatch is always loud and clear. i receive traffic the same way on my V8000, units are distant and hardly mocew the S-meter while dispatch peaks it everytime. I thought Buchanan OPS was on a repeater, am I wrong? any help in explaining their radio setup would be appreciated. Eric? :)

fireside

Premium Subscriber
Database shows just simplex. Looking at FCC for KAD303 shows no input for a repeater.
Sort of strange they have not gone to a repeater as a lot of the other counties around here have.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
The Sheriff does have a talkgroup on RACOM so that be what someone thought is a repeater. Maybe only certain units have it for use?

N0ZJT

Database Admin
That's right 154.845 is just simplex. Jesup put a repeater in on 151.250 that carries the 154.845 traffic. You can usually hear all of the cars on that. Also the RACOM system carries the 154.845 traffic and you can hear the cars on that too.
I haven't heard any talk about putting a repeater up either. Last I knew they were going to wait to redo communications until the state decides what they are going to do for interop and it's communications plan.

Your best bet in Fairbank would be to see if you could program in the Jesup link into the car radio....but I don't know if it can be used to contact dispatch on or what it's exact use is.

You can always PM me if you have any other questions

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.