Buckeye and Goodyear Clear?`

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Over the last week or so, I've heard clear dispatches on 4201 (Buckeye 1), and 3999 (Goodyear Dispatch). Have they reversed the decision, or this some kind of patch?

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Is this constant 24/7
or just on certain shifts?

Doubt they reversed their decision. It's most likely a dispatcher error.

CSimmont used to live in Buckeye, he now in Pinal Co. He's too far to confirm this. He would have been the best to ask on this.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
Is this constant 24/7
or just on certain shifts?

Doubt they reversed their decision. It's most likely a dispatcher error.

CSimmont used to live in Buckeye, he now in Pinal Co. He's too far to confirm this. He would have been the best to ask on this.

Yes I used to live there but since Buckeye & Goodyear got bit by the encryption bug I didn't even put them in the scanner. Might have to add them into the Fav list since I do travel out west once in a while at work.

KB7MIB

Goodyear is carried on Simulcast G, as well as Simulcast J. Anybody within range of Simulcast G can help confirm if they're still encrypted, or are in the clear at least part time.
Buckeye is sometimes carried on the White Tanks site in addition to Simulcast J. Again, anybody within range may be able to help confirm.

I have an FL in my SDS-100 with both of them, so I'll activate it and monitor.

John
Peoria

N9JIG

Sheriff
Buckeye is operating as of this AM on 4202 encrypted. I have not heard anything so far on 4201.

KB7MIB

I'm seeing some P25 Phase II popping up for Buckeye PD. They're likely in the process of switching from Phase I to Phase II, if they haven't completed the switch already.

I haven't caught any clear audio yet myself.

I'm wondering if the switch over has anything to do with the reported occasional clear voice?

John
Peoria

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Departments program radios different. What is sometimes common is what called the A/B switch on top of radio. Some agencies use it as a way to manually turn on & off their transmitted audio in A Clear or B Secure
The switch below the channel is where the 2 icons are.

It's possible they are knocking it back & forth while changing channels?

You will hear Phoenix Detectives always using ENC always while on RWC A Deck, they prefer to leave their ENC on & the remaining radios decode audio automatically.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210725-205224_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210725-205224_eBay.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 37

Astrak

Departments program radios different. What is sometimes common is what called the A/B switch on top of radio. Some agencies use it as a way to manually turn on & off their transmitted audio in A Clear or B Secure
The switch below the channel is where the 2 icons are.

It's possible they are knocking it back & forth while changing channels?

You will hear Phoenix Detectives always using ENC always while on RWC A Deck, they prefer to leave their ENC on & the remaining radios decode audio automatically.
ABC switches aren't encryption, the O and the O with a line through it are encryption on and off. Phoenix encrypted talk groups along with Buckeye etc are strapped for encryption meaning no matter what position that switch is on the talk group is encrypted.

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
ABC switches aren't encryption, the O and the O with a line through it are encryption on and off. Phoenix encrypted talk groups along with Buckeye etc are strapped for encryption meaning no matter what position that switch is on the talk group is encrypted.

View the Pic you see were talking about same. I call it an A/B even though it's seperate from the other. A/B/C which sometimes used as quick zone change from A B C Deck.

Not sure what the original poster heard, not making sense hear them in the clear. As you said, those talkgroups strapped ENC.
If OP running 2 scanners, Buckeye could have stopped while hearing audio from something different on other radio.. thinking its Buckeye?

KB7MIB

I heard what sounded like "Ok" once today, while only monitoring Buckeye and Goodyear PD. PSAP was avoided. Only other TG's being scanned are Buckeye To All and Goodyear To All.

John
Peoria

fleef

Kristin Cavazos Phoenix Arizona
For what it's worth at least twice this week I overheard traffic say to the original channel to break group, end chain, sorry I can't recall the term for it but it's when dispatcher or some person sent out unencrypted traffic over the air & other users who are in ENC groups are carried along with the message, i.e. it's very possible to hear ENC channels re-broadcast over the air by one guys radio (or is it only dispatch that has that capability, I don't know) . But, I don't remember whether it was over an ENC talk group either, so there's that then.

Status
Not open for further replies.