Buckeye Local Buses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr400

Anyone have the current frequency used by the Buckeye Local School buses? The district in Jefferson County.

Thanks.

Last edited:

sopranosno1

464.125 and 26578 talk group on marcs ip.this info is on jefferson county here on radioreference. Have you seen the buses? What kind of antenna do they have? Cb? Vhf? Uhf? May have to do some detective work.

budevans

Anyone have the current frequency used by the Buckeye Local School buses? The district in Jefferson County.

Thanks.

As sopranosno1 posted, it looks like Buckeye may have moved to the MARCS-IP P25 system. See the links below.

Jefferson County, Ohio (OH) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Ohio MARCS-IP: Some schools, such as Buckeye Local, Toronto City, and Indian Creek have talkgroups on this TRS.

Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25) Trunking System, Various, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies
Jefferson County (41) Public Works Talkgroups
26578 67d2 D BUCKLOCSCH Buckeye Local Schools Schools
26579 67d3 D INDCRKSCH Indian Creek Schools Schools
26580 67d4 D SC41EMER Countywide School Emergency Multi-Dispatch

Note: From the MARCS-IP page, scroll down till you find Jefferson County. Then scroll down through the categories to the Public Works Talkgroups.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
They run on 464.125 and I have not heard them on the Jefferson County system since they switched to it

budevans

They run on 464.125 and I have not heard them on the Jefferson County system since they switched to it

If n8jsw is still hearing the Buses on 464.125, that's the frequency you should monitor.

The MARCS-IP TG 26578 is most likely the Schools Emergency Radio. It's only used in case of an Emergency to contact local LEO's. The only other traffic on this radio is a monthly or weekly check in with the State, to make sure the radio is working properly. No real traffic to monitor on daily basis.

dr400

Thanks for the information. I knew they had a MARCS TG but they didn't really seem to use same other than some unusual transmission.

Recently on 464.125 they've been heard but the number of transmissions are far fewer than in the past. I did hear a driver on 464.125 ask the base if she should switch to "F-2" but the base said it wouldn't be necessary. Don't know if F-2 would be the 469 input to the commercial repeater they're on.

Last edited:

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
well to my best thinking the 469 input is the simplex channel for them. It is the imput but I don't think you would be able to hear them on it unless you are close

durango5550

Booger D.
DR400 ,

Just to add a little extra info , They do have a base unit at either the school or the bus garage or both capable of using the MARCS system in case of emergency. Daily comms are on the UHF frequency as posted above and on the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.