Bucknell University Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMPhillieFan

This system has me beat. I have tried programming it as a LTR system using every combination of LCN. I have changed settings in FreeScan. I really have no other ideas. To recap, while all four channels on the license have the data burst, I have only ever heard voice on one. I currently have that one voice channel programmed in the scanner as conventional since all trunking options have failed.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Sorry to hear that, I guess it's one of the LTR types that can't be trunk tracked. Scanning the CH's conventionally as you are doing may be the only option. Maybe somebody passing through the area with a newer model scanner that has the LCN Finder function can take a stab at it at some point..

I see SDRTrunk does LTR, you might wanna try that route If the other one (LTR Analyzer) didn't work. It depends how much you're willing to experiment.. I don't know if it would make a difference.

I am curious what output you were getting from the LTR Analyzer software, but in all honesty I'm not familiar with the stuff or how it works.. Was there a log or some other output? Does a screenshot of it in action reveal any notable details? Like a CH or LCN# or TGID. :unsure:

ihregistry

Hi, I live in Lewisburg, Pa and at worked at Bucknell till 2010. I too have been trying my best to figure out the system and listen in. No luck. bucknell does not use the Union county police freq. I am not good at programming trunked systems into the scanner. As a note using the EZ scan software for the Whistler TRX-2 the libary does not show Bucknell with current information. If someone can assist me in how to program the current Bucknell License data into my TRX-2 i'll do it and report back.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I live in Lewisburg, Pa and at worked at Bucknell till 2010. I too have been trying my best to figure out the system and listen in. No luck. bucknell does not use the Union county police freq. I am not good at programming trunked systems into the scanner. As a note using the EZ scan software for the Whistler TRX-2 the libary does not show Bucknell with current information. If someone can assist me in how to program the current Bucknell License data into my TRX-2 i'll do it and report back.
Well if it really is a LTR Passport system like I think then you won't be able to trunk track it. You'll just have to program in the analog frequencies under their license and listen to it that way.

tvengr

Well Known Member
EDIT: I have now heard them on the scanner, so it appears to not be DMR. It is annoying to listen to as there is a click every few seconds, but they are in the clear.
From RR Wiki: In addition to the Home Status Channel, the site will have one or more traffic channels that transmit the normal LTR-Standard idle bursts, approximately every 10 seconds

ihregistry

I tried programming each frequency in conventional mode. Setting the mode in auto, digital and analog. So for each frequency listed on the FCC license I had 3 individual entries. Heard no voices. Would hear dead air like squelch actives but only for a few seconds but not on all frequencies. I tried programming the frequencies into trunk system. I put in trunk entries for LTR, P25, DMR, EDACS, MOTOROLA, NXDN ( C & D) listing all frequencies and only static every now and then.

I checked with a retired lewisburg police officer. He said Bucknell University does not use county communications center. He stated Bucknell monitors county police dispatchers. He said Bucknell Public safety has made major changed since he retired 5 years ago and even then was changing to he self sufficient in the area of law enforcement. As to radio, he has no clue.

I monitor Union county 911 and I only hear the dispatcher tell responding units, police or fire/EMS that Bucknell public safety will meet them or is on scene. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.