Bucks County Industrial EMS/Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic138eric

Premium Subscriber
Just curious, does anybody have any archives or recollections of private ems or industrial ems being activated over Bucks Dispatch. For example, Squirt 99 from Dow Jones, Medic 227 Butler Medical Transport, Station 902 US Steel, Station 903 GTS Emergency Response Inc, or Medic 198 US Steel.

In general, can anybody give me some information on how these units are activated. For example, I heard Box 11-99 called in for the Dow Jones fire a few years ago, however, the fire was literally within the factory territory of Chief and Squirt 99. Yet Croydon Fire is called first?

Also, how many medic covers does it take for private ems to be called in?

medic138eric

Premium Subscriber
It's DOW CHEMICAL, not Jones...

Okay buddy, now I am not trying to start a fight here, but was that a truly necessary response. Okay, it is Dow chemical not Dow Jones, but how is your response at all relevant to my question? Clearly, you knew exactly what I was talking about, and anybody from Bucks County who knows "Squirt 99" or Hazmat 99 would know it is from Rohm & Haas/Dow Chemical.

Now do you know the answer, or are you simply trying to instigate?

chankel

Premium Subscriber
Most of the major industries that have their own fire protection and hazmat units have their own radio systems that they self-dispatch on. Some are listed in the RR DB but since they are usually lower-powered systems without countywide coverage and they don't run as many calls over a larger area compared to non-private career and volunteer companies it usually takes a few listeners close to the location to gather good information on them. If you don't find anything on RR for you companies of interest, I suggest an FCC DB search, then start scanning the listed frequencies to see which ones are used. Even though Merck downsized, they still hava conventional and trunked frequencies that are used for emergency services as well as security and routine activities.

phillydjdan

Dow has a channel, but it is very rarely used. They are paged out on county dispatch and operate on county response and fireground channels.

Im not sure if US Steel still has a fire brigade or not, but they would likely use some channels licensed to USX. I have never heard them on any county channels.

Lockheed had a VHF channel, but Ive never heard any activity from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.