Bucks County radio system upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Neither of the 2 frequencies identified above show up on an FCC search for Bucks County. Perhaps they're under an "experimental" license for the company bidding on the project and have been set up for demonstration purposes?

That is a possibility and would have been filed under an STA with the FCC. As of today, no such temporary license request has been submitted to the FCC. However, that doesn't mean it can't happen in the next few days.

73s

Ron

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
This system maybe on the air at this time. Project 25 control channel reported on 773.79375 MHz. from western Hunterdon County, New Jersey. Can anyone confirm it?

73s

Ron

This is part of the State of NJ 700 buildout; however, not all of its parameters have been completely setup nor does a licenses exist to-date. Once this site is finalized, it's call sign will likely read "CHANGEME" when using Pro96Com. As a note, they'll be several sites along he Delaware river border with Bucks County.

chankel

Premium Subscriber
Well, I had the logger watching it today and got 1 hit, talkgroup 516.

Showing
796.16875 N01B, W00001 Sy 006 R 203 S001 active this morning and evening
733.79375 was active in the morning only with S002

So much for Bucks Co, but the signal is good from the Hatfield area in Montgomery County as well as in northwest central Bucks Co.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
The New Jersey (NJPSIC) TRS is transmitting a System ID of 39A, and a WACN of BEE00. This system using different values in these areas.

73s

Ron

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
The New Jersey (NJPSIC) TRS is transmitting a System ID of 39A, and a WACN of BEE00. This system using different values in these areas.

73s

Ron

Actually Ron, I am here in New Jersey still and I can tell you first hand that not all sites are broadcasting the same system id just yet. The system is still being installed throughout the state, no FCC licenses have been issues as of today's date, nor have the technicians programmed all of the settings into each site that has been brought online. This system has been thrown together kind of piece-meal and I must say in a rather strange fashion. In fact, at one point, many people believed that system id 39A was for the NYPD (I think you added that to the database if I recall correctly) and that was in fact incorrect; the system had a site installed at the Empire State building in NYC for portable coverage into Northern NJ.

Within the coming months all of these sites should begin to take their final form and proper information including call sign. This will coincide with the rest of the NJSP upgrades which are slated to begin later next week. These upgrades include additional I.R. sites, bridging the 700 and 800 systems, migrating of talkgroups and conversion to some digital groups for law enforcement operations throughout the state. In addition, outside agencies trunked radio systems will be tied into the state systems to provide statewide coverage for UHF T-Band, 700, and 800 users.

As a side note, since a 700 system is being heard locally in Hatfield, it is quite possible that Montgomery County has begun testing in the west end of the county for their 700 planned migration and this could be a loaner system from either Motorola or Harris and thus would have whatever system id was last programmed into the unit for testing purposes; however this is purely a guess though.

As for Bucks County going 700; yes it's VERY likely they will, but the last information on the table was that they were still looking at bids. Montgomery County is likely much closer to actually implementation. That sad, the frequencies mentioned as being heard are all allocated to the NJSP system; these to geographical areas would be too close for co-channel sharing under normal circumstances and thus why there are likely for the NJSP system.

Happy monitoring!

wb4yvo11

Bucks county PA

I cannot access system .. tied new control channel.. Cannot find any control channels ..both on North and South systems...Did they go to 700/800 MHZ. Was working about 1 month ago . Just tried now and nothing...

Skip...

Status
Not open for further replies.