Bucks county reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Just for fun this afternoon I was receiving Bucks County P25 transmissions pretty clearly on my Umication G5 all the way from Staten Island, NY! I'll be starting another thread soon detailing other crazy things I heard from long distances...but yeah. Thats insane!

Ryanwr944

Feed Provider
Just for fun this afternoon I was receiving Bucks County P25 transmissions pretty clearly on my Umication G5 all the way from Staten Island, NY! I'll be starting another thread soon detailing other crazy things I heard from long distances...but yeah. Thats insane!
Any special antenna or the stock antenna

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yep the Bucks County system is very strong, I pick it up well in eastern Mercer County in Hightstown and parts of the shore on my apx7000.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber

bucks83

I Remember DOS
I was searching for frequencies and this 458.1125 popped up. It is a somewhat busy frequency but I cannot track it down. I looked through most LOCAL frequency lists from RR without success.
It appears to be a police/EMS frequency, three lanes of a highway which I could not identify was blocked by debris from a truck and took some time to clear.
Another transmission gave a description of a female in Pennsauken NJ and driving a car with PA license plates.

I also noticed I was getting Bucks County South FIRE/EMS transmissions on this frequency but in between other transmissions that do not seem connected to Bucks County. I'm using a BC125AT scanner with a telescoping antenna taped to the inside of my window. Within two feet of this scanner is a SDS100 scanner using it's 820s antenna.

I also heard a transmission mentioning Northampton EMS.

It also sounds like possibly State Police but I do not know what state. Perhaps SKIP is doing this ? BUT, that does not explain Bucks County FIRE/EMS transmissions. :alien:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.