Bucks County Tone-Outs & SDS 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyperillo

Adrift in an analog world
Premium Subscriber
I have programmed some A&B tone-outs into SDS 200 for a couple local Fire Departments....all works as expected - I have no idea how or why but the Tone-Out section already knew the A&B for my local EMS but it works fine - .....BUT....I cannot for the life of me find a list of tone-outs for other nearby EMS (not Fire - I found that list) .....any help is appreciated - somewhat related - when I program known RR published tones for Mercer County, NJ Fire Depts nothing happens, they don't even show up in the radio display........(they do show in "set-up" but not on "Standby/monitor." - is it because they are either Plectron or QCII tones and not PL? Is there a way I can use those tones? Last question: the manual (even Easy To Read) touches on Tone search but I get lost in trying to understand.......

joeyperillo

Premium Subscriber
No luck so far - does anyone have a link for Bucks County EMS tones? Thanks!

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Last question: the manual (even Easy To Read) touches on Tone search but I get lost in trying to understand.......
What is your question?

Tone-Out For...
Your scanner can be set to respond to fire tone-outs, a system comprised of standardized two-tone sequential paging, short one-tone paging, and long group tone paging.
Fire-Tone-Out will monitor up to 32 different channels for paging tones (two-tone sequential, single tone, and group tone).
For more information on Fire Tone-Out see this webpage at Radio Reference.​
Tone-Out Standby Mode is used if you use programmed tones.
Tone-Out Search Mode is used if you don’t know the tones.
All Tone-Outs (channels) that have the same frequency (and modulation and attenuation) as the one you select will also (and only) be monitored so you can monitor up to 32 Tone-Out channels for one frequency.
In this case, the scanner displays each Tone-Out channel for two seconds. It does not scan them; Tone-Out monitors the frequency for all Tone-Out channels with the same frequency.
Regardless of the current display, the scanner will alert on any received tone out that matches a stored setting (channel) for the frequency.
Tone-Out Setup

Press Menu. Scroll to Tone-Out for... and press E/yes.
Scroll to Tone-Out Setup and press E/yes.
Scroll to Tone-Out 0-31 and press E/yes.
Fire Tone-Out Standby/Search
Scroll to Tone-Out Standby and press E/yes.
(BCD536HP only) press
See also Set Search Key.
Scroll to monitor a Tone-Out channel (0-31).
Press to Scan (soft key1) to exit.
Note: Close Call DND/Pri and Weather Alert Priority do not operate in this mode.
Any transmission received on the frequency will not be heard but you will still see the signal strength bars.
To monitor a different frequency, scroll to a Tone-Out (channel) with a different frequency.
If you press Channel while in Standby/Search mode, the scanner temporarily exits and you will be able to hear any transmissions on that frequency.
No alerts sound, even if a Tone-Out matches one you have programmed in Hold Mode.
Press Channel again to return to Standby/Search Mode.
Note: Tone-Out Search Mode will not display each Tone-Out channel for two seconds, even when multiple channels have the same frequency, modulation, and attenuator settings with other channels.
If the scanner finds tones in Tone-Out Search Mode, you will see the tones in the display.
Press E/yes and you will see Set Found Tone A and B? Press E/yes to save.
Select a Different Tone-Out
Turn the Scroll Control.
Listen to Tone-Out Frequency
Press Channel.

joeyperillo

Premium Subscriber
What is your question?

Tone-Out For...
Your scanner can be set to respond to fire tone-outs, a system comprised of standardized two-tone sequential paging, short one-tone paging, and long group tone paging.
Fire-Tone-Out will monitor up to 32 different channels for paging tones (two-tone sequential, single tone, and group tone).
All Tone-Outs (channels) that have the same frequency (and modulation and attenuation) as the one you select will also (and only) be monitored so you can monitor up to 32 Tone-Out channels for one frequency.
In this case, the scanner displays each Tone-Out channel for two seconds. It does not scan them; Tone-Out monitors the frequency for all Tone-Out channels with the same frequency.
Regardless of the current display, the scanner will alert on any received tone out that matches a stored setting (channel) for the frequency.
Tone-Out Setup

(BCD536HP only) press
See also Set Search Key.
Note: Close Call DND/Pri and Weather Alert Priority do not operate in this mode.
Any transmission received on the frequency will not be heard but you will still see the signal strength bars.
To monitor a different frequency, scroll to a Tone-Out (channel) with a different frequency.
If you press Channel while in Standby/Search mode, the scanner temporarily exits and you will be able to hear any transmissions on that frequency.
No alerts sound, even if a Tone-Out matches one you have programmed in Hold Mode.
Note: Tone-Out Search Mode will not display each Tone-Out channel for two seconds, even when multiple channels have the same frequency, modulation, and attenuator settings with other channels.
If the scanner finds tones in Tone-Out Search Mode, you will see the tones in the display.
Turn the Scroll Control.
Press Channel.
Thanks again - I am not always clear in my ramblings - what happens is I program the tones as indicated and all works just as expected - then if I try to do the same with MERCER FIRE stations, radio doesn't even see them.....I notice the tones for Mercer are either Plectron or QCII, not PL....is that why the radio can't see them? Do you have any idea how I can make these type tones work? Thanks - I greatly appreciate all your help.

joeyperillo

Premium Subscriber
What is your question?

Tone-Out For...
Tone-Out Setup

(BCD536HP only) press
See also Set Search Key.
Turn the Scroll Control.
Press Channel.
Thanks again - I am not always clear in my ramblings - what happens is I program the tones as indicated and all works just as expected - then if I try to do the same with MERCER FIRE stations, radio doesn't even see them.....I notice the tones for Mercer are either Plectron or QCII, not PL....is that why the radio can't see them? Do you have any idea how I can make these type tones work? Thanks - I greatly appreciate all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.